I just came across these Canadian doomsters this evening and ended up buying this new MCD (along with the Chevalier MLP). Mention of Solstice and Bathory intrigued me so I gave it a listen and while it's a bit rough around the edges the unique vocals charmed me. Turns out they have been around for several years and have a number of releases including an album out already,  so I'll have a bit of retrospective digging to do. 

https://youtu.be/Yu6w_9VZru4

Music is cool but I can't hack those vocals at all! Im all for vocals that arent perfectly in tune, especially in doom, but these sound a bit too wobbly for me.

There's something in his enunciation that reminds me of the guy who sings on New Dark Age.  He even seems to song with a slightly English accent.  It works for me.

this sounds like if blind guardian doing badly recorded demos to me for some reason!

Quote from: blessed1 on January 05, 2019, 10:29:16 AM
this sounds like if blind guardian doing badly recorded demos to me for some reason!

ha i think you are spot on, think its the vocal harmonies

I'm not remotely familiar with BG but maybe I should rectify that.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 05, 2019, 03:17:24 PM

start of with imaginations from the other side. seriously good album and nice and aggressive for power metal as well. one of the best vocalists in the genre too.

Quote from: blessed1 on January 05, 2019, 03:55:11 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 05, 2019, 03:17:24 PM

start of with imaginations from the other side. seriously good album and nice and aggressive for power metal as well. one of the best vocalists in the genre too.

Great album to start with, also Somewhere far beyond and nightfall.  first 2 albums are more thrashy if you dont like the later material