Yep, and get the deluxe version if you can, not a bad second on it. The title track is a personal favourite.

I should have picked it up ta fuck for the 1.50

Instead I picked up a chemical brothers album which is unremittingly shit. It surely couldn't be any worse than that. I'm actually going to throw the chemical bros one in the bin

#647 June 21, 2020, 02:27:51 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:03:02 PM by mugz

I'd rather find something new from the old days than bother trying to search for the new stuff of the present. It's a way of trying to limit myself

I'd recommend hitting a bong rather than dropping a yoke before you go music shopping  :abbath:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 21, 2020, 11:40:20 AM
This might actually be a controversial opinion but I don't get why everyone creams themselves over the outro riff in 'Floods'. The whole song is brilliant and the fade out riff is cool and atmospheric and all,  but hardly the highlight of the song. Several times when I've seen people comment on that part I've had to listen to it again to see if I'm missing a section or something.  Why is it so amazing to you all? I'm honestly (genuinely- genuwhinely even!) baffled by the inordinate praise.

Yeah the atmosphere is what does it for me.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 21, 2020, 12:26:01 PM
I should have picked it up ta fuck for the 1.50

Instead I picked up a chemical brothers album which is unremittingly shit. It surely couldn't be any worse than that. I'm actually going to throw the chemical bros one in the bin

Go buy Grace for sure. It's a short, but pretty varied album. The way he holds a note at the end of the title track still gives me shivers twenty years after I first heard it.

Grab Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk as well. He died before it was released. It's a touch more rock orientated, but no less brilliant. Katatonia even covered a song from it (Nightmares by the Sea).

That's a really good one alright, if a bit disjointed. The expanded version of Live At Sin-Éis brilliant too, as is Live Á L'Olympia.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 21, 2020, 02:49:03 PM
I'd recommend hitting a bong rather than dropping a yoke before you go music shopping  :abbath:

I agree. I really can't say enough bad things about that chemical brothers album. I wouldn't even listen to it if I was buzzing. Just no merit whatsoever

What one is it, out of curiosity? The first two are brilliant.

Quote from: Juggz on June 20, 2020, 05:01:29 PM
I had no idea it was held in such high regard.

It's the only Pantera record I still listen to. It's their best in my opinion. Not sure I would hold it up as an all time metal classic, but it sure is a beast of an album.

Baffling. I found it to be a complete damp squib on release, and the only thing that's changed for me in the interim is that it now also sounds dated.

Still, it's a masterpiece compared to RTS.

Quote from: Carnage on June 21, 2020, 04:33:25 PM
Baffling. I found it to be a complete damp squib on release, and the only thing that's changed for me in the interim is that it now also sounds dated.

Still, it's a masterpiece compared to RTS.
Yeah, that's it for me too. I thought it was weak then, continuing the slide which started with FBD, still think it's weak now.

Quote from: Juggz on June 21, 2020, 04:36:24 PM
I thought it was weak then... still think it's weak now.

I get that Vulgar must have sounded like, well, a punch to the face after Cowboys, but I think Trendkill not only objectively has as much weight behind it, in terms of sound and composition, but also that of all Pantera's album Vulgar has aged the worst/seems now by far the most immature. Trendkill has swagger. Looking at the circumstances brought up above, maybe that swagger was actually stagger, but hey, that's sublimation for ya!

#659 June 21, 2020, 06:09:49 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:03:23 PM by mugz