Bar Peace Sells and RiP, there's only one good Megadeth album - Youthanasia.

Even So Far and Killing are mostly filler.

I've always thought the cover tunes and production always let down the first 3 albums even if I like all of the originals on them.

It's why I always rated Metallica more in the Metallica vs Megadeth album, Metallica were very nearly flawless up until the Loads.

First album's shit. Peace Sells through RIP are all gold, though each has one absolute dud (the covers and Dawn Patrol).

The first album is a mess. Beyond that, everything up to and including Countdown is excellent. But yes, the covers are horrendous and I also have to say I hate Lucretia. When they were on form though, they were a force of nature.

The later albums have their moments too. Particularly The System Has Failed.

Jake E. Lee is better than Randy Rhoads.

Quote from: Ducky on April 23, 2020, 11:50:18 PM
Bar Peace Sells and RiP, there's only one good Megadeth album - Youthanasia.

Even So Far and Killing are mostly filler.

I've always rated Countdown over Youthanasia.

Youthanasia is a crock of shit, lads, come on. Also, the production on Peace Sells is perfect. It's meaty and thick with fucking heaps of character.

Quote from: Juggz on April 24, 2020, 08:05:17 AM
Youthanasia is a crock of shit, lads, come on. Also, the production on Peace Sells is perfect. It's meaty and thick with fucking heaps of character.

:laugh: You took your time to get here with that  :laugh:

Youthanasia  was magadeth's first bad album and everything after was substandard.

After bloodmountan mastadon became boring to me.

Quote from: Wiseblood on April 24, 2020, 08:44:38 AM
Quote from: Juggz on April 24, 2020, 08:05:17 AM

:laugh: You took your time to get here with that  :laugh:
:laugh:
It has always been here, I'm just sick of repeating it.

Quote from: Rossy on April 24, 2020, 09:11:47 AM
After bloodmountan mastadon became boring to me.

Opinion changes to fact with the inclusive of "to me". Anyway, I love it all but Blood Mountain is still my least played.

Can't stand Youthanasia or So Far..., Megadeth seem incapable of putting two great records out consecutively. There's decent stuff peppered through all of their later albums, they've been making pretty much the same record since System Has Failed though.

Rust in Piece and Youthanasia are the only 2 albums not littered with filler. Their last album also wasn't too bad.

The most noteworthy thing about Megadeth post-RiP is that Mustaine hired one of the greatest drummers that has ever lived - Vinnie Coliauta - to record drums on The System has Failed, only to have him sound like Menza.