Pet Peeves

astfgyl · 2512 · 126370

Kurt Cocaine

• Kill And Eat The Weak
    • View Profile
Reply #2445 on: February 22, 2021, 07:22:57 PM
Struggling to find a week away in Ireland for this summer. Most of the country is booked out or is a shithole.

And also should add in the extortion factor. May persevere anyway, not like there is much choice.
It's a balls man, Irish greed. Fuck them and their shamrocks and shenanigans!
I've a Peugeot Expert van and we're always away in it for trips around the country. The back holds a double mattress, 28 litre cool box (electrical connection in back door post) and a handy wee two ring gas stove. Plenty of room for our spare clothes and hiking gear too. Just perfect....
Always getting admiring/jealous glances when we're cooking breakfast on various beaches and beauty spots.  ;D
And the great thing is that whenever the weather turns to shit we can always turn on our heels and head home. We're not obliged to stay at the hotel or B&B "because we paid a fortune for it"....
We have mates all over the country too so we'll usually pop by their gaffs for a bit craic and and overnight stay, which is nice....

Caomhaoin

• View Profile
Reply #2446 on: February 22, 2021, 08:54:21 PM
God bless your Mrs, mine would look at me like I was mental if I even suggested a three star hotel!

Kurt Cocaine

• Kill And Eat The Weak
    • View Profile
Reply #2447 on: February 22, 2021, 09:08:37 PM
Sounds like she needs a good kick in the follix!  :laugh:

astfgyl

• View Profile
Reply #2448 on: February 22, 2021, 10:04:04 PM
Struggling to find a week away in Ireland for this summer. Most of the country is booked out or is a shithole.

And also should add in the extortion factor. May persevere anyway, not like there is much choice.
It's a balls man, Irish greed. Fuck them and their shamrocks and shenanigans!
I've a Peugeot Expert van and we're always away in it for trips around the country. The back holds a double mattress, 28 litre cool box (electrical connection in back door post) and a handy wee two ring gas stove. Plenty of room for our spare clothes and hiking gear too. Just perfect....
Always getting admiring/jealous glances when we're cooking breakfast on various beaches and beauty spots.  ;D
And the great thing is that whenever the weather turns to shit we can always turn on our heels and head home. We're not obliged to stay at the hotel or B&B "because we paid a fortune for it"....
We have mates all over the country too so we'll usually pop by their gaffs for a bit craic and and overnight stay, which is nice....

Man that's the next step but I can't get it going while I'm still riddled with kids. Definitely going to go buzzing off whenever and at a moment's notice as soon as the getting is good.

Left my wife to look for something in the end and she had something sorted in no time. It's the way you tell em I guess... I was focusing too much on the litanies and the hexes

Circlepit

• View Profile
Reply #2449 on: February 23, 2021, 09:30:21 AM
We bought a caravan in 2019 and have a permanent plot in a small site by the beach. What’s great is the fact that there was only planning given for 12 vans and 10 mobiles. The owner lives on site so it all very quiet and there is no mongos allowed.
It’s was brilliant last year despite the shit show and even in a stage weather it’s nice. The kids are small enough to still like us.
Here’s the bit. When we bought it every man and his dog gave me such shit over buying a caravan. The usual stuff. 

Now though. Now, now, now..... I’m like the little red hen. Who would like to use my van.
Oh I said the dog, oh  I said the various other animals in that story.
Go fuck yourselves replied the horrible red hen.

Of course my nearest and dearest can use it but the peeve enablers can make love to their hands and cry tears of self loathing.

StoutAndAle

• View Profile
Reply #2450 on: February 23, 2021, 10:28:37 AM
Travelling (getting locked in other countries) is one of the great pleasures of my life. I love getting on a plane and a few hours later being lost in a strange city for a week or two. Eating new foods, talking to the locals, seeing what there is to see.

Up until about 10 years ago we used to travel around Ireland a fair bit too but it has now become so expensive that I refuse to spend my money here any more. You really don't get what you pay for. There is no way that a hotel like the Camden Court in Dublin can demand as much per room as Le Meridien can in New York. But yet they do. It came to a head a few years ago when I wanted to go see Marc Maron in Vicar St. We decided to take a few days in Dublin and see friends etc. The hotel was dear but we said we might as well go for it.

A few weeks beforehand my missus was looking at flights/hotels in Paris and checked to see what they'd cost around the same time. Turned out that flights to Paris from Dublin and back to Cork with Aer Lingus plus a stay in a very nice hotel for 4 nights would cost only 100 more in total than 3 nights in Dublin - including Aircoach and one night in the airport Premier Inn. Saw the gig, was in Paris drinking coffee at 1000hrs the next day.

It doesn't stop there. My brother got married in The Skelligs Hotel in Dingle two years ago. The rate for wedding guests for one night (check in AFTER the ceremony - check-out at 1100) - 279 for the room for one night.

A few of us used to rent a house in Ventry for years - used to be about 800/900 for a week around the August weekend up until 2019. One of the lads rang the guy who owns the house to see if he had it available for himself, the wife and their kids - 1800 for 5 nights, not including a weekend - that was extra. He offered it to him in mid-September for 1400. He was told where to shove it.

The gouging out there is real at the minute and it will only get worse because people have convinced themselves that they have to pay it. I'll wait until I can sit my hole on a plane. For now - it will the back garden with tunes, DIY projects, pizzas and a big fuckin' bag of cans.

Emphyrio

• View Profile
Reply #2451 on: February 23, 2021, 10:56:04 AM
Aye, the cost of staying in Ireland is scandalous. I was thinking of buying a hippie/camper van a coupla years ago. It's still in the back of my mind. 

Blackout

• View Profile
Reply #2452 on: February 23, 2021, 01:11:21 PM
I will be getting a dentist appointment in Lanzarote and heading over for two weeks come hell or high water.

Carnage

• View Profile
Reply #2453 on: February 23, 2021, 05:24:28 PM
On a radio ad just now: "Ts & Cs apply." Fuck the fuck off you fucking cunt.

astfgyl

• View Profile
Reply #2454 on: February 23, 2021, 07:36:22 PM
The gouging out there is real at the minute and it will only get worse because people have convinced themselves that they have to pay it. I'll wait until I can sit my hole on a plane. For now - it will the back garden with tunes, DIY projects, pizzas and a big fuckin' bag of cans.

Some of the prices I was quoted yesterday were fucking hilarious for what was on offer. Soulless cunts, the Irish. Well not all of them but there are a lot.

Kurt Cocaine

• Kill And Eat The Weak
    • View Profile
Reply #2455 on: February 23, 2021, 07:48:58 PM
Irish 'craft' shops are the worst offenders in my eyes. The fookin audacity of the prices some of them charge for more often than not, plagiarised shite.
Saw a small piece of driftwood once in a craft shop in Co. Louth that was shaped like a fish. Had a kind of Celtic style skeleton drawn onto it with what looked like a DVD pen. Feckin 95 price tag on the cunting thing...  :laugh:
For what would've taken 10 or 15 minutes to 'transform'....  :-X
Who actually buys these things?

Caomhaoin

• View Profile
Reply #2456 on: February 23, 2021, 08:41:42 PM
Every time I come back home, which was 3-4 times a year before the current shite, Im horrified by the prices of everything. 15 to get into a GAA match, stupid coffee prices, eating out is a scandal. Im from
Kilkenny, so I can only guess at the Dublin situation in 2021.

I rented a house in Kenmare 4 years ago for a week during the summer, and thank fuck I had access to the auld lads car, because I dropped about 2k and that was going to the dingle aquarium, the aqua dome in Tralee and Muckross house and keeping myself and the young lad fed and the usual bits and pieces. Never again.

Reply #2457 on: February 23, 2021, 11:37:16 PM
Debugging code...holy fucking shit. I might buy a few wigs just to give me more things to pull the hair out of!

Reply #2458 on: February 24, 2021, 04:13:35 PM
Fake tan.........The mind boggles.
Will someone please inform the fine women of Ireland that fake tan looks fucking horrific and smells fucking horrible.
Looking like you'r suffering with a severe bout of jaundice is not attractive in any way.
Furthermore in a lot of cases it is the cosmetic equivalent of lightly sprinkling glitter on a pile of dog shite.

As for men who use fake tan............ahh....no, I better leave it or I'll go too far.

Kurt Cocaine

• Kill And Eat The Weak
    • View Profile
Reply #2459 on: February 24, 2021, 04:25:36 PM
Fake tan.........The mind boggles.
Will someone please inform the fine women of Ireland that fake tan looks fucking horrific and smells fucking horrible.
Looking like you'r suffering with a severe bout of jaundice is not attractive in any way.
Furthermore in a lot of cases it is the cosmetic equivalent of lightly sprinkling glitter on a pile of dog shite.

As for men who use fake tan............ahh....no, I better leave it or I'll go too far.
Aw c'mon.... and not give The Daily Reich the chance to throw up these beauties..?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3474768/amp/The-WORST-fake-tan-fails-time-revealed-avoid-them.html