Because they're often freelancers and the delivery company don't have their own staff of drivers or vans.

Surely even more of an onus then on being efficient to maximise your own income. And Google Maps should be pretty basic stuff for that line of work

Drivers unfit to drive in darkness who hit the brakes hard every time they encounter an oncoming car in the opposite lane, despite the road being no less wide than it was during the day.

I'm sure I ranted about this on the old thread but there's an ad that's constantly on Newstalk for,  I think,  the Audi (?) A3 and the dude's quasi- American accent makes me want to punch a wall every time I hear it. 

"It's aw-haw-haw-hawsssoooome!"

It should be banned.  It's offensive,  triggering and goes against the rules of my safe space.

Now that you mention it, that one is fairly painful. I'm sure many more are as bad, or worse.

Actually, that chewing gum one, where the parents catch the daughter in her room with a fella, who proceeds to introduce himself as Tom. Shitty dubbing n all. Cunty.

#110 January 11, 2019, 01:29:50 PM Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:34:13 PM by Eoin McLove
It's actually for the Mercedes A Class, which I understand is some sort of automobile... No idea about cars at all but the ad was just on and I'm running out of walls to punch. If I could redirect that rage into DIY I'd be on to a winner.

Or that other ad on Newstalk for some electricity crowd with the "Get smart" line repeated ad nausieum. When it comes on I feel like crashing the car into a wall.

Smorter living!
Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 11, 2019, 03:42:58 PM
Smorter living!
Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!

That's the fucking one. Most annoying piece of shit ever.

Speaking of Newstalk, that Ciara Kelly presenter inspires me to switch off instantly. She really is a most sandy vagina.

Giving out about ads,  there's one in telly with a cover of Bad Moon Rising that's so bad it's actually hilarious.  I can just picture a twenty year old hipster with no socks on thinking he is revolutionizing a fusty old classic by singing like a robot.  Abysmal.

I think we're done with the phase of song covers where the singer is just talking, and we've moved onto butchering 80s classics in a modern way.

Are we done with ukelele covers or are they still going strong?

I'm sure they are lulling us into a false sense of security on that front.  There'll be a ukulele 'orchestra' cover of Bohemian Rhapsody unleashed on the world in good time.

Followed by a wheezy asthmatic rendition of Enter Sandman.