Quote from: Sworntothecans on August 21, 2024, 11:21:52 AMYou could try logging in with your paramount details on the Apple tv paramount but I think they class it as a separate sub because they're cuntish on those channels and it might not work on an existing.

Sound. I'll try it.

Flimsy CD packaging. I know they're an afterthought because of the mystifying vinyl fetishism we see these days, but fucking hell. Just got the reissue of The Cure's Paris through the letterbox and it's a digisleeve type deal. Absolutely nothing to it, when the original was your standard jewelcase that has a bit of longevity to it. Irritating.

That does my head in. My copy of Neil Young's On the Beach is the same, like a shitty CD you'd get free with Mojo magazine.

Exactly. I'd understand a small scale release as it's cost effective and all that, but long standing and established acts on big labels, it's inexcusable.

It's fucking bullshit. New Priest and Bruce Dickinson arrived in "sustainable cardboard sleeves". Absolute bastard trying to get the booklets out.
And they look utter shit on the shelf.

Don't get me started on the recent Black Sabbath box set again  :laugh: I've listened to Tyr a thousand times, and Headless Cross a fair bit too, so I'm getting my money's worth. But still!

Derfrosted some chicken overnight to throw into a curry this evening. Opened the packet (it was packaged diced chicken) and the stench that hit me nearly knocked me. It was in date, in the freezer for 3 or 4 days maximum, and still gone off in that time. Enfuriating. Still, the veg korma was nice, so there's that.

Proper freezer or wee little drawer in the fridge thing? That shouldn't be happening like  :-X

Fridge freezer, bottom half of the fridge. Never a problemn before. I can only imagine that the meat itself was manky before going in.

Quote from: Carnage on August 26, 2024, 06:09:15 PMDerfrosted some chicken overnight to throw into a curry this evening. Opened the packet (it was packaged diced chicken) and the stench that hit me nearly knocked me. It was in date, in the freezer for 3 or 4 days maximum, and still gone off in that time. Enfuriating. Still, the veg korma was nice, so there's that.

That happened to me a few times. I think it's just the luck of the draw tbh

This weather can just fuck right off.  Had to put the heating on in August.   I think the winter blues are starting early this year!   

Weather wise it's been shit. So much wind and rain. So many fishing days ended up with windburn, sunburn, wet clothes in the space of 2 hours.

I haven't least the house yet this morning and every man and his dog is going to be wearing a bucket hat saying " alright our kid".

Fucking commuting. Up at 6 to spend an hour on the train, and then spending the Luas journey squeezed in beside 2 of the fattest bastards alive. Soul destroying stuff.

I was taking my shoes off this evening after a long day of work and accidentally fucked myself. I pulled the wrong lace and created one of those small, tight, almost impenetrable knots and had to spend several soul lacerating minutes trying to undo my genius work. Next time someone tells you to go fuck yourself and you feel like obliging them give it a go.

At least you didn't fuck your back up for a week while hunched over the knot trying to unpick it. Been there.

Lit a fire myself last night, and now it's toasty outside. A warm, wet week forecast and not a bit of sunsheeeiiiiine.