January 02, 2019, 06:19:51 PM Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:00:12 PM by Hambeast
I was thinking it might be useful to have a thread with a list of venues, promoters, contact details and any other relevant information relating to gigging around the country, especially Dublin, Cork, Belfast, Limerick, Galway etc.
Something like this:

Venue:

City/Town:

Promoter:

Other info:

**Admin edit**
A combined list of everything is located at https://www.metalwarfare.com/promoters-and-venues/
Please continue to post anything new in this thread and the list will get updated

Venue: Dolans (warehouse/kasbah/upstairs)
City/Town: Limerick
Promoter: Bad Reputation
Other info: Facebook page

Venue: Various
City/Town: Cork
Promoter: Paranoid Beast

Venue: The Well Bar
City/Town: Nenagh
Promoter: Nightmare Promotions

Venue: Various
City/Town: Galway
Promoter: Damage Inc.

Will edit if I think of more.  This should be moved to gigs forum I'd say for reference.

Good idea. I'll work on a way to combine these posts and turn it into an easily navigated list. There's going to be overlap with multiple promoters working in one venue, and one promoter having multiple venues.

What would be most useful?

1 - A list of venues with all the relevant promoters listed beneath the venue
Venue 1
Promoter 1
Promoter 2

Venue 2
Promoter 1
Promoter 3

2 - A list of promoters with all the relevant venues listed beneath the promoter
Promoter 1
Venue 1
Venue 2

Promoter 2
Venue 1
Venue 3

The list will be filterable so you can easily have it list only the results you want to see, but I'm wondering if the primary focus should be on promoters or venues

While we're at it, can somebody explain the difference between Voodoo Lounge and On The Rox?

I'd say sort it by promoter, it will be easier to sor through and amend as needed.

I've created a new page with a list of promoters. Should be easier than having to dig through this thread to find information. It can be sorted and filtered as needed.

https://www.metalwarfare.com/promoters-and-venues/

Keep posting anything new in this thread and I'll get update the page as needed.

Cheers for the help everyone!

**Moving to gigs forum**

General info request here. I promote harsh noise, drone, industrial, experimental gigs. Usually there's a bit of crossover with metal and hardcore (often solo projects of people from heavy bands). Is it alright to post info on the gig forum or would you rather keep it strictly metal? Thanks.

I'm happy enough to have a few noise gigs on the forum, so post away!

Might need to rethink things if the forum grows and becomes flooded with "non-strictly-metal" things, but for now it's not an issue.

Quote from: Hambeast on January 02, 2019, 11:10:05 PM

While we're at it, can somebody explain the difference between Voodoo Lounge and On The Rox?

Voodoo Lounge = bigger downstairs venue, On the Rox=smaller upstaird venue. Same building.

Venue: Sligo Whiplash Festival (yearly)
City/Town: Sligo
Promoter: Sligo Metalheads
Other info: https://www.facebook.com/Sligowhiplashfest/
Sligo Whiplash Metalfest (Est 2005)
3rd & 4th August '24
www.sligowhiplash.com