January 01, 2019, 09:51:29 PM Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 11:25:09 PM by Snare
Killtown Deathfest 2019 tickets go on sale on 10th January, with same policy as last year announcing 1 band per day from then. Judging from past line up's and the excellent time I had there last year I'll be buying straight away for sure...

"KILL-TOWN DEATH FEST VII - THE DECOMPOMORPHOSIS" will take place 5th – 8th of September 2019!! 4 days of death, 40 bands, 3 stages, DJ´s, metal market, events, horror cinema, distros, food, drinks and death metal freaks from across the globe!

We will start the band announcements on January 10th. One band a day for 40 days. Presale will start on the 10th as well at 12.00 CET. Be quick cause there will only be 700 tickets for sale – and if things will go as last year they will not be up for long...

Flights from Dublin-Copenhagen €109 return with Ryanair, nothing up for Aer Lingus yet...

Cabin Scandanvia is basic but the best value for accommodation and within a 10 stroll of the venue - getting 4 nights with a solid breakfast for €260 each. Train is a 15 min trip from the airport to the Metro stop around the corner so dead handy getting there as well.

Food at the venue wasn't the greatest, unless you like uncooked food, but plenty of options in the immediate vicinity.

Downstairs smaller stage was the better venue last year but hopefully they improve the sound and occasional heat spike upstairs this year.

Nice relaxing city, unless you're attending the kindergarten next door to the venue when the daytime bands kick off!  ; :laugh:

#2 January 10, 2019, 03:56:11 PM Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:58:41 PM by Pentagrimes
Abhorrence are the first announced band.

Once again, absolutely zero hope of me attending this. Don't know how people are magically able to pull the couple of hundred euro needed for tickets and flights out of their arses first thing in January.

(cough..Tomb Mold are playing ..cough)

Ack, I was hoping Vircolac or Malthusian might be on the bill this year, guess no Irish bands then!

Don't know about pulling the money out of the hole after Xmas, we were predicting a repeat on MI this time last year so it's not a surprise really but yeah would be tough otherwise.

No rush on flights either, wasn't one seat filled on the Thursday Ryanair flight as at last weekend.

Sure there might be some UK fans not able to get into Europe and looking to sell their tickets come September?! :laugh: Here's a heads up for KT's big plans for 2020 - get on the bill will yiz!

Anyway, nearly 90% sold by 4.30 today, and I'd say about sold out now as the 10 package tickets of the 80 remaining were gone by 5pm when I was booking.

I presume they'll carry on announcing one band daily to raise the profile of each band rather than just lumping them all in tomorrow when confirming the fest is sold out. Any more coughing bouts per chance Jamie??  ;)

#4 January 10, 2019, 06:43:28 PM Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:19:01 PM by Eoin McLove

Say what now?? Sweet!

Now sold out, but limited Thursday and Sunday tickets will go on sale later but hardly worth travelling for.

Yeah they're going to continue with announcing one band per day, but we have 3 here already!  :) Any more additions on the sly??

I was told two other  confirmed and unnanounced bands besides the Irish and Non Irish ones Andy and I mentioned..but I can't remember who the third one right are right now. i know they were someone I don't like though haha!

Ha, they officially confirmed Tomb Mold today. Shouldn't have bothered hiding my post.

Erra gawan, you know you want to spill some more beans! Sure they'll all come out in the wash anyway, can't be any harm?

#11 January 12, 2019, 07:03:14 PM Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:10:11 PM by Snare
Vassssstttuuuum! Oh yes! I was hoping for them on the off-chance  :) Absolutely class at Netherlands Deathfest two years ago, stoked!

And I see now that one member is in Ulthar - wonder what the odds is of them playing while one member is gonna be there anyway...

Obliteration. Just stop now before ye announce Ominous Circle!

20 of 40 bands announced so far:
-ABHORRENCE (fin) -first performance outside Finland since 1990!
-ADVERSARIAL (can) – exclusive one-off European 2019 gig!
-ANTEDILUVIAN (can) -European one-off!
-BASTARD GRAVE (swe)
-COFFINS (jp)
-CORPSESSED (fin)
-DROWNED (de)
-DRUID LORD (us) – first European performance ever! One-off excluisve!
-IGNIVOMOUS (aus) -first European performance in 10 years
-KEVER (il) -first European performance ever!
-MALTHUSIAN (irl)
-MORTUOUS (us) -first European performance ever!
-OBLITERATION (nor)
-OF FEATHER AND BONE (us)
-PROFETUS (fin) – debuting their forthcoming album "The Sadness of Time Passing" in its entirety!
-RITUAL NECROMANCY (us)
-SUFFERING HOUR (us) -first European performance ever!
-TOMB MOLD (can) -first European performance ever!
-TRANSGRESSOR (jp) -first European performance ever!
-VASTUM (us) – exclusive 2019 European one-off

Tomb Mold/OFAB/Ritual Necromancy euro tour around it,so that's me happy. I'd guess there'll be a UK date but Mainland works too