Quote from: jobrok1 on November 30, 2018, 01:53:42 PM
Rato Raro and Abandon Incarnate the following night...  go all out, sure.    ;)

That whole weekend in Cork is mental for heavy gigs.
Alas my parental responsibilities mean I can't.

Anyone know what are the stage times for Friday night???

#18 December 13, 2018, 09:07:46 AM Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:10:21 AM by Pentagrimes
Same question but for Cork (I'm a non facebooker so don't give me that "they're on facebook" shit  ;D). Can't believe it's taken me this long to actually get to see Soothsayer, as  excited about that as I am Bell Witch.

Got a spare ticket if any heads need one incidentally.

Also did I see somewhere that these shows are seated??

Quote from: Pentagrimes on December 13, 2018, 09:07:46 AM
Same question but for Cork (I'm a non facebooker so don't give me that "they're on facebook" shit  ;D). Can't believe it's taken me this long to actually get to see Soothsayer, as  excited about that as I am Bell Witch.
A tweet from the venue says Soothsayer 8pm, Bell Witch 9pm
https://twitter.com/CyprusAveCork/status/1073175716831879168

Excellent. Hopefully see you there Leo, it's been ages!

Quote from: Pentagrimes on December 13, 2018, 11:47:02 AM
Excellent. Hopefully see you there Leo, it's been ages!
Hey Jamie, it certainly has, unfortunately it will be a while longer. I'm passing on tonight. The Mirror Reaper album does nothing for me,

Was at the Cork gig last night.  Absolutely unreal.  I don't really know how to explain how savage that was.  It was bleak, miserable, slow, and completely engrossing.  Didn't want to miss a minute of it.  Sound was great too.  Very glad I went down.  Anyone going to the Dublin show tonight is in for a treat.

Quote from: ochoill on December 14, 2018, 10:44:05 AM
Was at the Cork gig last night.  Absolutely unreal.  I don't really know how to explain how savage that was.  It was bleak, miserable, slow, and completely engrossing.  Didn't want to miss a minute of it.  Sound was great too.  Very glad I went down.  Anyone going to the Dublin show tonight is in for a treat.
it really was mesmerising alright. I was initially quite worried that the album might be too long and drawn out to focus on live for 82 mins but it really wasn't, totally engrossing.

Great show. My appreciation for them has been increased by finding out that Jess was previously in a bunch of grind bands too!Dublin is in for a treat for sure

Ruairi O Baoighill - 9.15
Bell Witch - 10.15

Fantastic gig in Cork last night, fair play to the PB lads for putting it on. Really got sucked into Bell Witch's performance. The sound was spot on. Good few heads travelled for this one from our way too, which was nice to see. Interested to hear how Dublin went. I heard the cap is 130 for Thomas House?

I do wonder why people go to gigs of this ilk just to chat the whole way through it. Had to move right up the front to drown out a duo of groups talking at full pelt and full volume through the first 20+ minutes. I appreciate people use these occasions to catch up but of all gigs to talk at.. this one? Feckin go to a regular bar.

I thought the show was fantastic. Crowd were good in Dublin, no chatters around me.

My first time in the venue, its pretty shit but they provided me with Bell Witch so really shouldn't complain! Would have been nice to see it somewhere with a nicer set up to enjoy the visuals. But I guess there's no real options.