Now to be fair I hate the taste of tea as well :laugh: I like a black coffee, but it's almost tepid by the time I drink it. Just cannot fathom the popularity of takeaway coffee, scalding the lips off yourself.

Aww Jaysus, I fucking miss cider big time, but diabetes makes it a strict no-go.

I like a cold pint myself but having stood outside at a match this evening, sometimes it's not the best option.

Ha, yeah fuck that weather. Like it's not necessarily bad, but the heat is well gone from it now.

I spent a lot of the day inside at a record fair, so a cold one went down nicely while inspecting my haul (which included err, Belinda Carlisle :laugh: )

Got the train from Belfast to Bangor last wknd for the sole reason of getting a Guinness in Fealtys bar. 2 taps of Guinness one keg room temp one keg cold. first pour room temp let it settle, top up with cold tap, let it settle and another top of cold tap. Dunno why it reacts the way it does but one of the creamiest screamers I've ever seen. Head a good half inch over the top of the glass without a spill. Finished product well above room temp.

Had an ice cold guin from my usual bar today and couldn't appreciate it after the fealtys pint.

Apparently that warm cold pour was how they did it everywhere till a few decades back but never seen it anywhere before even in rural trad guin bars

Quote from: Ducky on September 28, 2024, 11:37:52 PMHa, yeah fuck that weather. Like it's not necessarily bad, but the heat is well gone from it now.

I spent a lot of the day inside at a record fair, so a cold one went down nicely while inspecting my haul (which included err, Belinda Carlisle :laugh: )

Dude I have about 7 Belinda albums myself! I think Barney Greenway is a big fan too.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: nukeabuse on September 28, 2024, 11:52:49 PMGot the train from Belfast to Bangor last wknd for the sole reason of getting a Guinness in Fealtys bar. 2 taps of Guinness one keg room temp one keg cold. first pour room temp let it settle, top up with cold tap, let it settle and another top of cold tap. Dunno why it reacts the way it does but one of the creamiest screamers I've ever seen. Head a good half inch over the top of the glass without a spill. Finished product well above room temp.

Had an ice cold guin from my usual bar today and couldn't appreciate it after the fealtys pint.

Apparently that warm cold pour was how they did it everywhere till a few decades back but never seen it anywhere before even in rural trad guin bars

Something kind of like that was done when the extra cold became standard the first pour was being microwaved and the head finished extra cold. Fucking sacrilege basically

[/quote]

Something kind of like that was done when the extra cold became standard the first pour was being microwaved and the head finished extra cold. Fucking sacrilege basically
[/quote]

Beyond savagery. The thought what a pint of guin spinning in a microwave is more repulsive than any piss grave cover

There was a lad who drank in Seán's bar in Athlone, asked for a 'warm Guinness'. Pint was pulled and let settle, then got put in the microwave for ten or twenty seconds. Wouldn't drink it any other way. Stomach churning.

Quote from: nukeabuse on September 28, 2024, 11:52:49 PMGot the train from Belfast to Bangor last wknd for the sole reason of getting a Guinness in Fealtys bar. 2 taps of Guinness one keg room temp one keg cold. first pour room temp let it settle, top up with cold tap, let it settle and another top of cold tap. Dunno why it reacts the way it does but one of the creamiest screamers I've ever seen. Head a good half inch over the top of the glass without a spill. Finished product well above room temp.

Fealtys do a great Guinness. Was in on Friday on a quick visit back home. Always the first place I head

Quote from: Carnage on September 29, 2024, 11:49:43 AMThere was a lad who drank in Seán's bar in Athlone, asked for a 'warm Guinness'. Pint was pulled and let settle, then got put in the microwave for ten or twenty seconds. Wouldn't drink it any other way. Stomach churning.
Jaysus,my dad used to tell me that our neighbour where I grew up in Athlone would have his pint lashed into the microwave, think he called it a "soft pint". Was probably Brendan's or Tack room though rather than Sean's but could have been the same lad

Heating Guinness is nothing new, when the pubs had open fires they used to leave a poker in the coals and dip it in pints to warm them.

Quote from: M.Hopkins on September 29, 2024, 07:22:34 PM
Quote from: Carnage on September 29, 2024, 11:49:43 AMThere was a lad who drank in Seán's bar in Athlone, asked for a 'warm Guinness'. Pint was pulled and let settle, then got put in the microwave for ten or twenty seconds. Wouldn't drink it any other way. Stomach churning.

Jaysus,my dad used to tell me that our neighbour where I grew up in Athlone would have his pint lashed into the microwave, think he called it a "soft pint". Was probably Brendan's or Tack room though rather than Sean's but could have been the same lad

Possibly. I'm not in Athlone myself but a friend who drank in Seán's was telling me this, it would have been 20+ years ago anyway.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on September 29, 2024, 07:32:25 PMHeating Guinness is nothing new, when the pubs had open fires they used to leave a poker in the coals and dip it in pints to warm them.

I've no prob with the warm guin almost preferable. There's something about adding a microwave to the equation that's unsettling

Yeah can't imagine the Guinness quality control fellas asking them to see the publican's microwave technique.

Quote from: Thorn on September 29, 2024, 12:52:45 AM
Quote from: Ducky on September 28, 2024, 11:37:52 PMHa, yeah fuck that weather. Like it's not necessarily bad, but the heat is well gone from it now.

Dude I have about 7 Belinda albums myself! I think Barney Greenway is a big fan too.

My man!  :abbath:

It's only the Best of Belinda Volume 1 album, but it covers her 1987 to 1992 banger period. Would've heard a lot of Heaven and Earth, Runaway Horses when I were a pup.

Just making my lunch and realised I've unintentionally put Leave a Light On a few songs away from The Wolf I Feed. Maybe I can source a Belinda t-shirt for the Napalm Death gig next year :laugh: