Yeah, still that's steep.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

€7.10? Fuckin' hell, twenty bar doesn't even cover three pints anymore. Grand if you're working on Google or an advertising executive but if you're up from 'the country' or a working stiff, that's too much.

Then again, I've been living abroad for more than a decade and I'm always taken aback at the price of the basics at home, outside of Lidl and Aldi. The mother insists on shopping  in SuperValu (ha!), and smoking cigarettes, two very pricey habits in Ireland. She must be flogging yokes or buying flagons for young lads to supplement her income, her smoking alone costs 700 odd a month. For fags, like. I even bought her a vape kit, but the nose was turned up at it right and quick.

That is fuckin' outrageous. I'd walk right back out the door .Reaching for my hip flask.

€700 a month  ??? I quit the fags when they were still under a tenner, and even then I thought it was a lot. I certainly wouldn't be able to afford it now.

7.10 for a pint is insane but not really that surprising given that pubs are probably trying to claw back whatever they can now. There'd be outrage around these parts if Guinness went over a fiver  :laugh:

Place back home in Ennis used to do 3 pints for a tenner on Thursday nights back in 2010. 20 quid and you would be sorted.

€7.10 for a pint can fuck right off.

When I started drinking you could go into my local of an evening and get 3 Guinness out of a fiver (punts) and get 5p change. I've always said that I'd quit if the price of a pint went above a fiver and we're getting close to that as things stand.

#516 June 16, 2021, 10:23:54 PM Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 10:26:55 PM by pete
You'd be mad not to charge it if people will pay it I spose!

What pub was it? And what was it a pint of?

Quote from: Carnage on June 16, 2021, 10:10:54 PM
€7.10 for a pint can fuck right off.

When I started drinking you could go into my local of an evening and get 3 Guinness out of a fiver (punts) and get 5p change. I've always said that I'd quit if the price of a pint went above a fiver and we're getting close to that as things stand.

I'd be the same but it was a year since I'd had one and I was easily persuaded.

I thought I'd be beating people out of the way to get to a pint but I haven't been bothered TBH. I've gotten used to the absence of the pub, I've saved about ten grand since lockdown started - which was a real wake-up call, I hadn't realised how much I'd been pissing away - and I just don't miss it anymore.

Quote from: pete on June 16, 2021, 10:23:54 PM
You'd be mad not to charge it if people will pay it I spose!

What pub was it? And what was it a pint of?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

If I was to hazard a guess then I would say - the Mercantile or whatever it's called now (Mulligan and some other name) and not a pint of Guinness...

Sure you'd have to save up to go on the lash in Dublin now.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40316093.html

I'd imagine that would go down a treat with the young women. Looks like that pub in Waterford is not stuck in the dark ages and is in fact well ahead of the curve after all.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 18, 2021, 11:48:05 AM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40316093.html

I'd imagine that would go down a treat with the young women. Looks like that pub in Waterford is not stuck in the dark ages and is in fact well ahead of the curve after all.

Good luck trying to make that stick  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#523 July 06, 2021, 11:06:40 AM Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 11:17:26 AM by Blackout
Had about 7 cans of Wicklow Wolf Arcadia on Saturday and found it to be one of the nicest cans I've ever had. No real next day effects either. Will be replacing the usuals with this from now on.

Where is that available?