Vital Remains wasn't it?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Everytime somebody says Killswitch Engage covering Holy Diver is good, a puppy dies. What an abomination

Take your pick from practically any roadrunner album from the 90s/00s - Three that spring to mind

Machine Head Message In A Bottle
Cradle Of Filth Temptation
Megadeth's Inexplicable cover of A Tout Le Monde

Children of Bodom have a few covers that could be decent if it wasn't for Laiho's vocals, same as their own stuff really, but they're mostly pure muck

#20 April 12, 2019, 11:38:29 AM Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:47:18 PM by CaptainFlint
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on April 12, 2019, 08:08:54 AM
Take your pick from practically any roadrunner album from the 90s/00s - Three that spring to mind

Forgot the Machine Head one existed, that truly is grim... Their cover of The Sentinel is also horrible

I'll also put forward these offerings

Amon Amarth - Aerials
Slayer - Born to be Wild

Quote from: Spoderman01 on December 21, 2018, 09:41:32 AM
Arch Enemy's version of The Book of Heavy Metal must be up there with the worst. Tried to find a link for it but seems even the internet spat it back out.

Just looked it up.
Wish the internet had spat it back out again. Fucking hell, that is unbelievably bad.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on April 12, 2019, 08:43:10 PM
Quote from: Spoderman01 on December 21, 2018, 09:41:32 AM
Arch Enemy's version of The Book of Heavy Metal must be up there with the worst. Tried to find a link for it but seems even the internet spat it back out.

Just looked it up.
Wish the internet had spat it back out again. Fucking hell, that is unbelievably bad.

You can't polish a turd. But you can shit on it.

Quote from: ochoill on April 12, 2019, 11:11:42 AM
Featuring Burton C Bell for added grief:

https://youtu.be/wtTuAdwVHqc

Kill II This (wot?) were darlings of Metal Hammer in the mid 90s. They seemed to be pushed on every second issue and even to my nu-metal enjoying ears they seemed to be second rate.  On reflection I'm guessing the writers for MH were either friends of all the local crap bands or,  more likely,  members of the bands.  Pity I didn't cop on to the likes of Terrorizer or Metal Maniacs sooner than I did as I was exposed to so many musical horrors back then it's a wonder I didn't just jump ship and take up knitting.

I actually love Iced Earth's version of Hallowed be thy Name. Haven't heard the rest of the album though.

Megadeth strike again

https://youtu.be/eUaVxkcWXIg

The Earache Black sabbath album had a few good ones. The above series.... not so much.

Quote from: CaptainFlint on April 12, 2019, 11:38:29 AM
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on April 12, 2019, 08:08:54 AM

Forgot the Machine Head one existed, that truly is grim... Their cover of The Sentinel is also horrible

I'll also put forward these offerings

Amon Amarth - Aerials
Slayer - Born to be Wild

Add Slayer In a Gadda da Vida as well- horrible stuff altogether. For what it's worth the band hate it though.

Quote from: Makeshiftatomsmasher on April 15, 2019, 10:20:50 PM
Megadeth strike again

The Earache Black sabbath album had a few good ones. The above series.... not so much.

Wasn't that Earache album the one with the gabber cover of Paranoid? I listened to it lots in a "stare at a car crash" kind of way.

Not actually a shit cover, but Death's version of God of Thunder that was tacked onto the end of the remix/remaster of Human (aka my favourite album ever recorded) boils my piss.

I appreciate the extra CDs were full of demos and there was ample space for it on the main disc, but I'm of the opinion I'd sooner cut off my ears than voluntarily listen to Kiss in any capacity. Aural pollution peddled by clowns in makeup.

Quote from: Ducky on April 19, 2019, 01:42:03 PM
Quote from: Makeshiftatomsmasher on April 15, 2019, 10:20:50 PM
Megadeth strike again

Wasn't that Earache album the one with the gabber cover of Paranoid? I listened to it lots in a "stare at a car crash" kind of way.

Yep. It's a unique take on the song