Seriously beautiful morning in Clare. Just walked the dog, picture postcard stuff.
A bit of herb would be nice anyone with a bit to spare? All my likely mates left the country.

Quote from: Don Gately on December 10, 2022, 11:43:42 AMSeriously beautiful morning in Clare. Just walked the dog, picture postcard stuff.
A bit of herb would be nice anyone with a bit to spare? All my likely mates left the country.

Flagmount in Clare is one of my favourite parts of Ireland. I do cycle from there to Scariff and back in a loop and do a bit of camping down there in the summer.

Christmas shopping done, thank fuck. Waiting for a few things to come in the post but all I have to do now is wrap.

The sheer orgasmic pleasure of seeing Ingerland going out of the world cup.

To be clear, I couldn't give a flying fuck how it went for any 'team' - it's not a sport and doesn't matter at all - but the fact that we don't have to listen to the Ingerlish wittering on about it forever and ever and ever is a blessed relief.

I must be getting old or something cos last night was the first game I wouldn't have minded them winning. Maybe it's the lingering of Thierry Henry's handball subconsciously.

Beautiful weather to look out at currently but not looking forward to driving in it later. Fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow!

Quote from: Carnage on December 10, 2022, 06:30:15 PMChristmas shopping done, thank fuck. Waiting for a few things to come in the post but all I have to do now is wrap.
I have nothing done and the fear is severe, it'll be a next week job at this rate for almost all of it.

Seeing England getting beaten in football, so seeing that they were knocked out of the World Cup by France was just beautiful  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

I finally picked up a wooden spoon that I like, after years of settling for one's that didn't suit me for basis reasons. Having the right utensils for cooking makes the job such a pleasure.

Funny looking at the last post on here as today's simple pleasure is picking up a new chopping board  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 12, 2022, 08:16:24 AMI finally picked up a wooden spoon that I like, after years of settling for one's that didn't suit me for basis reasons. Having the right utensils for cooking makes the job such a pleasure.

On a similar note, nothing beats a good quality knife for food prep. (Tempted to put shite knives in the pet peeves thread  ;) )

And another one given the time of year - watching Indiana Jones with the kids this time of year. Brings back great memories.  :'(    ;D

Being a tourist in my own country for the first time in years with the Mrs.

Far fewer psychos and junkies in Dublin than I expected. The price of a pint and something to eat has gone mental though, small gripe in the grand scheme.

Quote from: stearl on December 21, 2022, 04:17:26 PMAnd another one given the time of year - watching Indiana Jones with the kids this time of year. Brings back great memories.  :'(    ;D

I've gotten onto a strong buzz of reliving classic flicks with the younger lads lately and it's class. A real simple pleasure indeed.

Same as that but with no young fella.