Peanuts in general are great - Dry Roasted, chili or plain. Mostly Dry Roast though.

Talking shite.

You know all the general shite talk about nothing in particular with no purpose to it.

So yeah, peanuts are unreal. I had a packet of honey roasted ones from aldi the other day and they were strangely nice. I'd eat em again no bother but decent dry roasted are still where it's at. There is also no place for vinegar at the peanut-flavouring table. Get fucked, vinegar

Been horsing down Haribo jellies throught the Lockdown,also Squashies (the pink and white yokes),fuckin unbelievable!

The Squashies are fair nice

Yiz bastards (I can't eat sweets)

For those on permanent Lent, a ham and red cheddar cheese sandwich in brown bread with real butter that didn't tear the bread in half is unreal and I'd eat it quicker than the sweets this minute. Actually I will, not I would

Fresh baguette from the bakery below, turkey, cheese, touch of mayo, rucula (I hope it's the same word in English) and a bit of caramelised onion. Mug of tae to wash it down. Ah here...

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 15, 2020, 10:08:52 AM
Fresh baguette from the bakery below, turkey, cheese, touch of mayo, rucula (I hope it's the same word in English) and a bit of caramelised onion. Mug of tae to wash it down. Ah here...
Rocket....

Sound :)

I usually don't like spinach and all that shite in a sandwich but the auld Tommy Rocket, class.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 15, 2020, 10:33:16 AM
Sound :)

I usually don't like spinach and all that shite in a sandwich but the auld Tommy Rocket, class.
We grow our own among other things. It's amazing on pizza too.

On food, I made my own pizzas from scratch this week, having not made dough since my time working for the son of an SS officer in a by-the-slice pizza shop in Vancouver a decade ago (another story).  Came out quite well though I used a significantly simpler recipe, made three - ham and jalapeno, chorizo with capers and olives, and the ultimate kimchi chicken pizza.  Pure scoff.  Froze a heap of dough too so no takeaway pizzas for me for a while.

Also stopped at the deli on the way to work for the ultimate wrap for breakfast - spicy chicken, black pudding, hash browns, cheese and taco sauce.  Can't beat it.

Quote from: ochoill on May 15, 2020, 10:44:35 AM
On food, I made my own pizzas from scratch this week, having not made dough since my time working for the son of an SS officer in a by-the-slice pizza shop in Vancouver a decade ago (another story).  Came out quite well though I used a significantly simpler recipe, made three - ham and jalapeno, chorizo with capers and olives, and the ultimate kimchi chicken pizza.  Pure scoff.  Froze a heap of dough too so no takeaway pizzas for me for a while.

Also stopped at the deli on the way to work for the ultimate wrap for breakfast - spicy chicken, black pudding, hash browns, cheese and taco sauce.  Can't beat it.
Homemade pizza is the best thing. It's all about the base. Getting the dough right is what it's all about.
Jamie Oliver's is the one I found works best. Dead handy....

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/pizza-dough/

Mixing balymaloe relish with mayonnaise.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on May 15, 2020, 10:52:03 AM
Homemade pizza is the best thing. It's all about the base. Getting the dough right is what it's all about.
Jamie Oliver's is the one I found works best. Dead handy....

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/pizza-dough/
That's the very one I used for reference!  I used to have one that was a mix of different specific flours from the pizza shop but it's long lost, unfortunately.  He also taught me how to skewer and marinate my own proper upright kebab but the finer details of that are gone too, some of the method remains but you'd have to experiment with the ratios of seasonings.

A few tortilla wraps glued together with pesto make for a quick and daycent homemade pizza base.