Quote from: mickO))) on October 29, 2023, 12:53:20 PMThe whole John Fury thing looks like an act it is all part of the fixed fight, youtube / Jake Paul script to get hype going around these fights. He never acts up like that during any of Tysons proper fights. It will be a suit and tie now for the Usyk fight if Fury doesn't pull out which is starting to look likely. I will be pissed if that fight is postponed it was great it being 2 days before Christmas.

Yeah I was looking forward to it being two days before Christmas as well. You could tell from Warren's reaction  after the fight that they were not going to stick to that date. It now seems to be scheduled for February next year.  Although the way things are going I have my doubts it will happen at all, but given the huge purses involved  it probably will.

They were obviously expecting Ngannou to be a tune up and now he needs a full, intensive camp. I do think, and hope, it'll happen.

So, silly season continues with Joshua and Ngannou. Ngannou is a weapon, and he gave a good account of himself against Fury, but could this be another potential embarassment a la Ruiz for Joshua? Who knows, and really who cares at this stage? And now we have another monumental farce on our hands with Paul v Tyson. This ridiculous fad shows no sign of abating.

Quote from: John Kimble on March 08, 2024, 06:35:47 PMAnd now we have another monumental farce on our hands with Paul v Tyson. This ridiculous fad shows no sign of abating.

The Jake Paul thing was dying down as most are now well aware that his fights are fixed. I don't watch him myself but you would usually hear and see stuff about him during fight week. I only found out yesterday that he fought last weekend. Shame to see Mike Tyson shitting on his legacy like this and competing in a fixed fight he can join Nate, Silva, Askren and Woodley as the bums who sold out for a quick buck.

Quote from: John Kimble on March 08, 2024, 06:35:47 PMSo, silly season continues with Joshua and Ngannou. Ngannou is a weapon, and he gave a good account of himself against Fury, but could this be another potential embarassment a la Ruiz for Joshua? Who knows, and really who cares at this stage? And now we have another monumental farce on our hands with Paul v Tyson. This ridiculous fad shows no sign of abating.

I can see Ngannou taking it too. If it goes to a decision AJ might have a chance.

Quote from: hellfire on March 08, 2024, 09:43:03 PM
Quote from: John Kimble on March 08, 2024, 06:35:47 PMSo, silly season continues with Joshua and Ngannou. Ngannou is a weapon, and he gave a good account of himself against Fury, but could this be another potential embarassment a la Ruiz for Joshua? Who knows, and really who cares at this stage? And now we have another monumental farce on our hands with Paul v Tyson. This ridiculous fad shows no sign of abating.

I can see Ngannou taking it too. If it goes to a decision AJ might have a chance.

Jaysus, that post didn't age well. Joshua gave in a perfect performance.

Quote from: hellfire on March 09, 2024, 12:42:36 AM
Quote from: hellfire on March 08, 2024, 09:43:03 PM

Jaysus, that post didn't age well. Joshua gave in a perfect performance.

Realistically that's how the Fury fight should have went too. Ngannou shouldn't stand any chance whatsoever against pro boxers, never mind the best pro boxers.

Yeah easy money for Joshua.
Tyson will be fighting Jake Paul later in the year.

Went down like a sack of shite.

Quote from: DaveG on March 09, 2024, 10:30:43 PMWent down like a sack of shite.

Was a great slap.

I don't think this is necessarily the right thread but the young lad just told me that Jake Paul and Mike tyson are going to scrap.

What's the consensus on that? I think there will be serious money made no matter what but I would also like to see Mike break a face just this one last time. Sorry for letting this off in the boxing thread but ah fuck it as well It's all gone a bit world wrestling as it is anyway

Fuck all of it. Friday night was a joke and as much as I dislike AJ, he dealt with it in the correct fashion, as Fury should've. Hopefully Tyson does the same thing to Jake Paul and we end this fuckin nonsense. Boxing is enough of a circus without adding this. Parker Zhang was terrible as well and Ball Vargas was bizarre. Annoyed I tuned in at all.

Tyson won't do anything to Paul because in order for the fight to be agreed Jakes opponents have to agree to a pre-determined outcome. That is one of the reasons why Andrew Tate didn't go ahead with the fight they were suppose to have about 2 years ago and he has said many times that to even get into talks with either of the Paul brothers you have to sign a confidentiality agreement that you can't publicly speak about what terms are in the contract. This is also why Paul had to lose to Tommy Fury because too many people were copping onto what was really going on.

The fight will most likely go the distance with all the usual suspects saying how great Paul did and he is still the real deal. As much of a money whore as Mike Tyson is I can't see them being able to offer him a big enough amount of money to take a loss in this fight. He looked shite in that Roy Jones Jnr fight a few years ago.

As much as I hate both brothers at least Logan is being honest about his make believe fights now that he is in the WWF.

I hate watching Zhang. He has incredible power and nothing else. He has to be spoon fed an opportunity and until he is does fuck all. Opponents have to spend the whole fight being overly cautious of one blow. The whole thing makes for a grim watch. I was 100% wrong on Ngannou. I thought having essentially beaten Fury on points he had some credibility. Getting planted the way he did put that to rest. Why did he think it was a good idea to switch stance in the first the way he did? Who knows.

I really thought Ngannou had more than a punchers chance. I think if he landed a wallop on AJ in a similar way he would have put him to sleep.
It was a technically great strike.
When it landed it was like the strings were cut on a puppet.

Jake Paul and Iron Mike!!
It's a lose lose situation for everyone bar the pay check. I hope Tyson bates the head off him but I also hope I win the Lotto. Hasn't happened yet.

As they've shown before it's a moneymaking light sparring session. Nobody will be getting beat up. Expect a ton of shit talk before followed by thanks for the opportunity after.