Steam Pig were cool yeah. Revisit the Monkhouse split. Unreal fucking album.

It's in my mother's house. I'm in Russia at the moment so it'll have to wait.

Getting kitted out for a march on Ukraine?

Monkhouse! Christ a name I havent heard in a while!.Seen them live in The Phoenix in Cork in my teens!

Quote from: Caomhaoin on March 16, 2024, 07:05:54 AMIt's in my mother's house. I'm in Russia at the moment so it'll have to wait.

Make sure to try out the shopping trolleys! Real cutting edge of technology stuff, I've heard!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Testament - The Gathering

#12036 March 16, 2024, 01:03:36 PM Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 01:31:30 PM by Pentagrimes
Pestilength - Solar Cortex
Not sure what I make of this exactly, it's certainly interesting and some parts work really well, others are a little clunky. Definitely something a little more original though, which is to be applauded.

Ch'ahom album x 100 - can't get enough of this

Weezer - Pinkerton
Nirvana - In Utero
Hadn't listened to either in ages and had them on pretty much all of yesterday. Classics.

Disincarnate -Dreams of the Carrion Kind
This has aged well I think, more so than a lot of the Florida/Roadrunner sound, mainly cos I think you can hear a hint of Peaceville in there. Has this ever been reissued on vinyl actually?It's one I'd happily pick up if so.

Quote from: Thorn on March 15, 2024, 05:59:33 PMBlind Guardian - The God Machine 9/10
Shorn of all bells and whistles, I reckon this stands shoulder to shoulder with any of the early ones

I've found the drumming on all the later albums to be really stock, and maybe on this one especially. Apart from that and a weak opening track, it's a decent listen. But nowhere near Nightfall or Somewhere :abbath:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 16, 2024, 05:30:23 AMThey were a fucking force of nature love back then. I saw them a few times between 96 and 00 or 01 when they finished up. What a band.

They played down the local in templemore back in the 90s and blew the place out of it.

Anyway speaking of hardcore leftys I tried out a bit of the new ministry album last night and didn't make it through 3 songs with the politics being so on the nose. Never minded all that back in the day but fuck me this was rough. I think it's the fact that they are now toeing the government line in essence or the corporate inclusivity angle rather than calling out government corruption like the old days makes it a tough ask. Unless it was tongue in cheek and I missed the point maybe. The riffs weren't bad iirc but I was too annoyed to enjoy em.

Maybe I'll try it when I'm not locked and see again. He swears this is the last one so my mate was telling me

Head of David - "Seed State"
Low - "Double Negative"
Final - "Ravine of Spears"
Screaming Trees - "Dust"

Exodus -pleasures of the flesh
Darkthrone -panzerfaust

Quote from: astfgyl on March 16, 2024, 08:15:29 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 16, 2024, 05:30:23 AMThey were a fucking force of nature love back then. I saw them a few times between 96 and 00 or 01 when they finished up. What a band.

They played down the local in templemore back in the 90s and blew the place out of it.

Anyway speaking of hardcore leftys I tried out a bit of the new ministry album last night and didn't make it through 3 songs with the politics being so on the nose. Never minded all that back in the day but fuck me this was rough. I think it's the fact that they are now toeing the government line in essence or the corporate inclusivity angle rather than calling out government corruption like the old days makes it a tough ask. Unless it was tongue in cheek and I missed the point maybe. The riffs weren't bad iirc but I was too annoyed to enjoy em.

Maybe I'll try it when I'm not locked and see again. He swears this is the last one so my mate was telling me

Just watched FIX the Ministry documentary last week. He's some buffoon.

Haven't seen that doc at all I think it was hard to find when it came out.

Paul Barker's Fix This companion album is excellent though

Well it was on YouTube in full earlier this week

I might put myself through it in that case but this isn't the first time I've heard he's an awful gimp in it