Evohe - Deus Sive Natura

Coffin Texts,been spinning their two albums today,seriously under rated band,proper DM!

CARCASS – Exhume to consume
Different version from the album, this sounds more putrid and reeking of underground filth!
Taken from the « Grindcrusher » compilation Lp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAogknjkAJI

A Disease for the Ages

#559 June 15, 2019, 05:08:42 AM Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:25:19 AM by Thorn
Therion - Lepaca Kliffoth

Picked up the cassette boxset of the first five albums recently to fill in some gaps,  remarkable how this band  developed down through the years , Johnsson really was and is quite the visionary even if he totally lost me with the latest.   He sounds a double for Alex Krull ( Atrocity) on this one having dispensed with his pretty damn feral DM growl (and most of the DM too). Decent album though,  like a sister record to something like Tiamat's "Clouds".

Whoaaa, just saw there thart my favourite reviewer (as in the one I find myself agreeing with most) autothrall on Metal Archives gave this the full ton rating  :o. Mustn't have stuck around for the next one...

Colour Haze - s/t
Yob - The Great Cessation

How fucking sweet are Yob though, seriously?

Mixed up kind of morning...

Tenhi- Folk Aesthetic
Trollman av Illdtoppberg- As the fog clears but for a moment, weary travellers behold the majesty of the snow- clad mountains of Crom, bathed in ancient starlight
Beherit- Drawing Down the Moon
CIV- Set Your Goals
Ysengrin- Liber Hermetis

Ultra Silvam - The Spearwound Salvation
Striborg - Mysterious Semblance
At The Gates - To Drink From The Night Itself

Pallbearer - Heartless

Mephitic Corpse demo. If you're going to do retro death metal,this (and Fetid) is how to do it.

i was driving all day so i listened to a few albums.
samael - passage
annal nathrakh - eschaton
enslavement of beauty - traces o red
no doubt - tragic kingdom
vivaldi - the four seasons
beethoven.

good mix!

Devil Master - Satan Spits on Children of Light

Just found out about this band, just released their debut on Relapse a couple of months ago. It's a weird mix of BM and deathrock, like if Beastmilk played Black Metal, it's fun though. They're from the US but according to metal archives one of the guitarists is a Nordie.

#567 June 18, 2019, 09:55:08 AM Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:57:34 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: gabalgabow on June 14, 2019, 06:41:52 PM
Different version from the album, this sounds more putrid and reeking of underground filth!

Peel Session version if I remember correctly. My favourite version of that tune for sure.

Last night:
24-7 Spyz "The Soundtrack of the Innermost Galaxy" - always loved this band and am happy to report this album is a banger, probably going to be the soundtrack to my summer if the sun actually appears. I suspect no one else here bar maybe Juggz will dig it.
Moon Tooth "Crux" - killer album. Even if the singer does sound a little too like the dude from Alien Ant Farm for comfort in places.

This morning:
lots of Danzig and Samhain (I now desperately want to cover "November's Fire" by Samhain), and the commute soundtrack was "Electric" by the Cult. jesus christ, Astbury really loves the word "baby" doesn't he?

Quote from: Pentagrimes on June 18, 2019, 09:55:08 AM
Quote from: gabalgabow on June 14, 2019, 06:41:52 PM

Peel Session version if I remember correctly. My favourite version of that tune for sure.

Last night:
24-7 Spyz "The Soundtrack of the Innermost Galaxy" - always loved this band and am happy to report this album is a banger, probably going to be the soundtrack to my summer if the sun actually appears. I suspect no one else here bar maybe Juggz will dig it.
Moon Tooth "Crux" - killer album. Even if the singer does sound a little too like the dude from Alien Ant Farm for comfort in places.

This morning:
lots of Danzig and Samhain (I now desperately want to cover "November's Fire" by Samhain), and the commute soundtrack was "Electric" by the Cult. jesus christ, Astbury really loves the word "baby" doesn't he?
Ha, love these guys 24-7 Spyz. I was lucky enough to catch them on their 1997 tour in the Effenaar in Eindhoven. Jimi Hazel (stupidly) started giving out to the audience because of the smell of weed in the place. I mean, C'mon! Hahaha....
They put on a great show otherwise......

Deadly. Don't know why they just popped into my head yesterday but I was pleasantly surprised to see on Spotify that they'd put this album out this year, even more pleasantly surprised by how good it is.