Quote from: open face surgery on July 28, 2021, 09:48:52 AM
Once again derailed into nonsensical bullshit. Fair play, Kev. You're relentless. Just surprised you didn't mention yokes.

Nice one, cheers.

Yaaa sure you've mentioned a boring band like arghosalent as if they are Metallica , you are sound big lad :) Mind yourself

Quote from: Carnage on July 28, 2021, 11:27:55 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 28, 2021, 08:43:11 AM
39 ain't 14!

It ain't 46 either, you young rapscallion!

Excellent choices there, though as much as I enjoyed Antichrist Superstar at the time, it's Mechanical Animals I go to now for young Manson. I love the sleaziness of it, in all its overproduced glory.

Mechanical Animals is in her collection too.  Might fire it on tomorrow. Long time since I've listened to that one as well. I liked it at the time but found it a bit clean and clinical by comparison so it'll be interesting to see how it sounds to my ancient, grizzled ears.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 28, 2021, 12:20:54 PM
39 ain't 14!

Excellent choices there, though as much as I enjoyed Antichrist Superstar at the time, it's Mechanical Animals I go to now for young Manson. I love the sleaziness of it, in all its overproduced glory.

Mechanical Animals is in her collection too.  Might fire it on tomorrow. Long time since I've listened to that one as well. I liked it at the time but found it a bit clean and clinical by comparison so it'll be interesting to see how it sounds to my ancient, grizzled ears.

The shift to the clean/clinical production is very much intentional, no more Reznor input, loads of Bowie/Glam rock influences. Those 3 albums from Manson up to 2000 were class.

Also way prefer the production on Siamese Dream compared to Mellon Collie which feels a bit more dull...plus Corgans voice doesn't sit as well as it does on Siamese Dream.

Had Jar Of files on tape back then and I wasn't mad about it first few takes. Only listened back few years ago and can't believe my young ears didn't like it back then!

AS and portrait are the only manson albums I like these days and they are crackers.

That's it, the Bowie/glam influence was a good move, at least then anyway. I think Holy Wood is the last one I gave much time to, I haven't thought much of anything I've heard since.

Quote from: The Butcher on July 28, 2021, 12:34:11 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 28, 2021, 12:20:54 PM
39 ain't 14!

The shift to the clean/clinical production is very much intentional, no more Reznor input, loads of Bowie/Glam rock influences. Those 3 albums from Manson up to 2000 were class.

Also way prefer the production on Siamese Dream compared to Mellon Collie which feels a bit more dull...plus Corgans voice doesn't sit as well as it does on Siamese Dream.

Had Jar Of files on tape back then and I wasn't mad about it first few takes. Only listened back few years ago and can't believe my young ears didn't like it back then!

Jar of Flies is unreal. Easily up there with Dirt. It was a mainstay for me back then and is still one I wholeheartedly love every time I put it on. Poor oul Layne lost it after this. The next album was rubbish and his input sounded so uninspired and disinterested. It's strange because his actually delivery is very powerful,  but there's no heart in it. No melody, no interest... A terribly dull album.

#5707 July 28, 2021, 12:58:09 PM Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 01:00:15 PM by open face surgery
Went back to MA not too long ago and enjoyed it more than I did when it came out. Portrait and AS are savage. The latter in particular.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on July 28, 2021, 11:55:09 AM
Yaaa sure you've mentioned a boring band like arghosalent as if they are Metallica , you are sound big lad :) Mind yourself

:laugh: :laugh: You're such an idiot. Back to the off topic where you belong.

Mourning Beloveth - A Disease For The Ages

Will dip into the others as well, no doubt.
But this one is probably my favourite.

Nuclear Assault - Survive

Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars    
                                                     Two Hunters    
                                                     Black Cascade

Any of the rest of you checked out Bütcher? Listened to their album 666 Goats Carry My Chariot a couple of times since someone recommended them to me on FB last night (very possibly a poster or lurker from here!). Damn good fun, unless you don't like good fun metal, in which case you'll hate it. I can go either way, but so far digging it. A bit like Cirith Ungol and Destruction covering Enforcer.

Listened to it when it came out but found it a bit too frantic at the time despite liking what they were going for. Will revisit it.

#5713 July 28, 2021, 05:05:47 PM Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:44:22 PM by ldj
Pallbearer - Forgotten Days

Tried giving this a go today, I don't know how this band released a modern classic (imo) like Foundations of Burden and then instantly became so boring afterwards.

I think I kind of agree with you, definitely about Foundations of Burden being a modern classic anyway. Haven't felt compelled to spend much time with the last two, but hey, you can always go backwards to Sorrow & Extinction and the demo, which are both also very good, albeit not quite at the pinnacle of Foundations.

Quote from: open face surgery on July 28, 2021, 04:43:06 PM
Listened to it when it came out but found it a bit too frantic at the time despite liking what they were going for. Will revisit it.

Yeah, I mean, tbh, a less "elite" appealing way of describing them is also, very clearly, a grittier 3 Inches of Blood.