Got into a bit of an argument here before about Anthrax. I fucking love Spreading The Disease and Among The Living, got POT when It came out and I didn't like it at all for some reason, I actually ended up swapping it with a friend of mine for kill em' all or something, perhaps I was too hasty, must give it an auld lug test again and see what ye are on about. Wouldn't be bothered listening to anything after the Island years and I'm not a fan of Bush at all.

Ha, I had Among the Living on repeat last week, great album and greet for working from home.

Also got a look in:

Carnage "Dark Recollections"(I had little recollection  of how young the lads are in the photos, unreal)

Stereo Nasty "Twisting the Blade"

Horn "Turm am Hang". I got around eventually to discovering the cover they do is of When Bitter Spring Sleeps, an American band influenced by Primordial and Summoning. Belter of a tune, with their singer guesting for Horn https://hornlichterlischt.bandcamp.com/album/turm-am-hang

Nile "Black Seeds of Vengence"

As regards Anthrax  I have most of theirs on vinyl but prefer  'State of Euphoria' , 'Spreading the Disease' and 'Persistence of Time'. The latter is great but a meanders in quite a few places, feels like some of the songs outstay their welcome. Cannot argue about the production though. Wondering if there are any fans of 'State of Euphoria' here?, always thought the production was clear and heavy where it needs to be, catchy songs they never play live e.g. 'Misery Loves Company', 'Make me Laugh'.

Quote from: Snare on March 01, 2021, 09:21:57 PMNile "Black Seeds of Vengence"

Monster of an album ! Also, good to see Anthrax get a little love around here for a change.

Euphoria's good, but not great, there's a fair bit of filler there. If I never heard Antisocial again I'd die happy, for instance. It was the bridge between their 'having a lark' period and more serious sound on POT though, and I think was less focussed as a result - it didn't know what it wanted to be. Catchy as fuck in places though. I have the Make Me Laugh yellow vinyl 7" somewhere.

Yeah im a big fan of State of Euphoria,first anthrax i ever  heard.

Quote from: Mr Barlow on March 01, 2021, 10:56:06 PM
Quote from: Snare on March 01, 2021, 09:21:57 PMNile "Black Seeds of Vengence"

Monster of an album ! Also, good to see Anthrax get a little love around here for a change.

Yup, Black Seeds is a beast, Nile have a savage output of great albums in fairness, Ithyphallic would be my favorite of theirs solely because of "as he creates so he destroys". What a fucking song.

Blood incantation- Starspawn

Death Angel - The Ultra Violence
Exodus - Fabulous Disaster
Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Overkill - Under The Influence

Old school thrash attack FTW.

Black Seeds of Vengeance is an unbelievable album,the first 4 Nile albums are all top notch.Im a massive fan of Annihilation of the Wicked.

Lashed to the the slave stick is a killer song.
This morning. The end complete. The first obituary album I ever heard.

Darkthrone- A Blaze in the Northern Sky.

Quote from: Paul keohane on March 01, 2021, 11:45:13 PM
Black Seeds of Vengeance is an unbelievable album,the first 4 Nile albums are all top notch.Im a massive fan of Annihilation of the Wicked.

They lost me on that one but the first 3 are flawless. Have had them on a good bit over the last year or two.

Got the new Pounder album Breaking The World yesterday. Really cool riffs on it. The vocals are questionable though. Worth the listen anyway

Nevermore - The Godless Endeavour