Anathema - The Silent Enigma

Mgla - Exercises In Futility.

First time seeing them available to play on Spotify. Always appeared greyed out previously, region locked for a while maybe?!

Solstafir - Otta

Quite looking forward to seeing them live now.

Un - "Sentiment".
Really savage stuff.  Saw it shared in an fb doom group and the artwork drew me in.  Death doom with a sort of melodic touch to it.  Normally that description would put me off but there isn't a hint of cheese in here, just total fucking misery and wretchedly heavy riffs.  Musicianship is savage but not over the top, production is excellent - anxiously thick when heavy, warm and bare when light.  Absolutely recommended for any doom fans.

Quote from: ochoill on December 06, 2018, 10:42:33 PM
Un - "Sentiment".
Really savage stuff.  Saw it shared in an fb doom group and the artwork drew me in.  Death doom with a sort of melodic touch to it.  Normally that description would put me off but there isn't a hint of cheese in here, just total fucking misery and wretchedly heavy riffs.  Musicianship is savage but not over the top, production is excellent - anxiously thick when heavy, warm and bare when light.  Absolutely recommended for any doom fans.

Checked it out there, my kind of stuff for sure. Can never have too much good doom to listen to.

Quote from: KingBuddha on December 06, 2018, 11:03:19 PM
Checked it out there, my kind of stuff for sure. Can never have too much good doom to listen to.
Glad you enjoyed it, it was a pleasant find in the group it came from, they're normally obsessed with stoner stuff - which is grand but there's way too much of it so it's nice to see some proper doom like this get some attention on there.

Been listening to a lot of Type O the last week.

Origin.., October Rust, and World Coming Down in that order. In the car just one ends and then I start the next.

Every time I listen to OR, i hear something new in there. Such a lush multi layered production and I can't really find anything new coming out that's anything like it so  I have to repeatedly go back to it

Listened to this Order of the Nameless Ones track a few times on the way to work. Bang of "Barathrum: V.I.T.R.I.O.L" era Absu off it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9vyYJcd3SM

Necros Christos - Domedon Doxomedon

I have been listening to this every day for the last few months, can't say enough good things about it.
It's fucking great!!!

Krypts - Unending Degradation.

Tiamat - Gaia

Another new band for me... Which album should I get next from them?

Clandestine Blaze - City of Slaughter

Been loving this album, I really need to get more of their music. On a Horna buzz lately too, no shortage of good black metal from Finland

Anti Horsethief Association

Woke up to find this open in a background tab. Interesting lo-fi black metally droney stuff

https://ahta.bandcamp.com/album/anti-horsethief-association-ii

Immortal - Northern Chaos Gods

It is very meh!  But the song where they rip off Where Eagles Dare is actually quite cool.