Quote from: 91/30 on October 21, 2024, 06:43:53 AMRavensire - We March Forward , think I heard about this band on MI forum? So eone was championing them

Not heard that one yet but have a couple of their releases.  Might have been the old forum I heard about them or I just picked them up because they were on Cruz Del Suz. Think they are good, but have just never got round to picking up the rest of their back catalogue (like so many other bands)

Immortal - The Northern Upir's Death
Immortal - Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Immortal - Battles in the North 
Immortal - Blizzard Beats
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Demon Spell - Evil Nights
Master's Hammer - Finished - CD1
Elder - Live at Roadburn 2013

#14687 October 22, 2024, 07:21:24 AM Last Edit: October 22, 2024, 07:27:01 AM by Thorn
Bathory - Nordland II 9/10
Somehow I've managed to get to middle age without ever hearing, never mind owning, Nordland I. So, still good shit to look forward to in old age.

Ares Kingdom - The Unburiable Dead 8/10
Third full length from a band that really know how to write songs you want to bang yer head to.

Mayhem - Deathcrush 7.5/10
The first ever thing I bought from the breaking BM scene in Norway after a pilgrimage to Soundcellar and Silvester Anfang still sends a chill down the spine. A feral little beast that is a real conduit to the deep, dark past. Ah, go on then... :abbath:

Sacral Rage - Deadly Bits Of Iron Fragments 7.5/10
Debut EP from these impressive (feckin') Greeks, definitely overdue some new material from them.

Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity 7/10
Never liked the title nor artwork to this and the music is a bit TOO melodic in places for Dismember. Hell, Collection By Blood could almost be mid -period Megadeth. So yeah, maybe my least favourite by the band but still Dismember so still a solid listen.

Defiance - Product Of Society 6/10
If it's thrash I'm going to enjoy it to some degree though this was pretty much bottom of the barrel Bay Area and not helped by a wafer thin production from one Jeff Waters. I even remember a tape of this being bandied around mates like an unwanted puppy. Still bought the CD again recently though and chuffed to have it for what it is.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Cavalera - Schizophrenia
Sepultura- Arise , 1997 gold disc CD remaster

Lustre - A Thirst For Summer Rain
Aura Noir - Merciless (thanks for the TOTAL RECALL, Shandy Andy :))
Cadaver - Disciple
Farya Faraji - Justinian Symphony

Morbid Angel- Gateways,an album that divides opinion,but I love putting it on every few months!

Cantique Lepreux - Cendres Celestes
Abhorrarion - Demonolatry (this is a wee banger)
Death Racer - From Gravel to Grave
Flamekeeper - Flamekeeper
Master's Hammers - Finished CD2
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick
Witching Altar/ Bottomless - Graveyard Thunder
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains

Rorschach - Remain Sedate
Pyrrhon - The Mother of Virtues
Discordance Axis - The Inalienable Dreamless

Gorgoroth- Antichrist. LP landed today along with Pentagram t-shirt. I'm not one for buying picture discs but as that's all that was going I went for it. It looks cool in fairness and I'm glad it comes with a proper cardboard sleeve so you can read song titles without having to pirouette. Ballet wreaks havoc with corpse paint.

Midnight Force - Severan
Blood Incantation - Absolute Elsewhere
Motorhead - Bomber
Attacker - The God Particle
Sonata Arctica - Clear Cold Beyond
Bulldozer - Neurodeliri (I'm not going to make the mistake of reading the lyrics this time around)
Grand Magus - Sunraven

#14695 Today at 09:10:23 AM Last Edit: Today at 10:54:45 AM by Maggot Colony Reason: ?
Siege - Drop Dead
Deep Wound - Deep Wound LP
Crucifix - Dehuminization

#14696 Today at 11:36:53 AM Last Edit: Today at 11:39:04 AM by Necrohag
Death - Human, Individual Thought Patterns, Symbolic & The Sound of Perseverance. What a fucking run of albums. Untouchable stuff.

Carnosus - Visions of Infinihility. A savage slice of Death Metal. The vocals and guitar work remind me of that old Irish band Vile Regression on their E.P The Pattern Evolves.

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal. This album has become one of my absolute go-tos when I'm in the mood for some furious, groove-laden epic DM.

HELL - Human Remains & Curse and Chapter. Will never tire of these albums and it's an absolute shame they seem to be on an indefinite hiatus. At least one more album please lads!

Replacire-the center that cannot hold.

Hour of penance-devotion

Tribal gaze- new single

Quote from: Paul keohane on October 22, 2024, 08:11:44 PMMorbid Angel- Gateways,an album that divides opinion,but I love putting it on every few months!

I'll die on the hill of "Summoning Redemption" being their best song :abbath: