Reverend Bizarre- "Slice of Doom" side G & H.
Reverend Bizarre- "In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend".

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 15, 2022, 09:28:29 AMHällas - Excerpts From A Future Past

Jesus, this is class. Pure 70s rock worship, everything from Deep Purple to Yes, and the vocalist sounds for all the world like yer man from Megaton Sword but doing a prog approach, to the point I had to go and check it wasn't actually him. Anyway, tis deadly, and barely gotten a few mentions on here (although, since search function is still giving me gyp, can't be 100% sure on that). Check it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKYc6gvcfGw

I don't think the singer sounds like the MS dude at all,  but I really like his voice. Really good stuff. Going to have to pick up their stuff.

Iron Maiden- "Somewhere in Time".

Loop - whatever the new one is called. Mad how the internet both provides and cheapens the music. So without it I'd never have heard or heard of that album but I might not even know that I don't have it on CD.

Is ignorance bliss?

Now it's Tool - Fear Inoculum. Good album not a great album. Doubt we'll hear much more from them after this for some reason

I thought FI and the previous album were poor TBH. I understand that they're a band that have such a ridiculous burden of expectation that they'll never live up to it, but the last two have just been mediocre to be honest. Ænima was their peak and it's been all downhill from there.

Sakis Tolis - Among The Fires Of Hell

A bit more gothic than I'd normally go for and very close to A Dead Poem. Still I've been memorised by it all morning. Really introspective and philosophical with everything from Plato to the bible thrown in there.

Quote from: hellfire on October 16, 2022, 11:34:40 AMSakis Tolis - Among The Fires Of Hell

A bit more gothic than I'd normally go for and very close to A Dead Poem. Still I've been memorised by it all morning. Really introspective and philosophical with everything from Plato to the bible thrown in there.

Good recommendation. I had been ignoring it on YouTube because the recent RC stuff ain't for me but it sounds good on my first spin here.

Quote from: Carnage on October 16, 2022, 03:34:37 AMI thought FI and the previous album were poor TBH. I understand that they're a band that have such a ridiculous burden of expectation that they'll never live up to it, but the last two have just been mediocre to be honest. Ænima was their peak and it's been all downhill from there.

I'd put Lateralus up there with Aenima myself but the 2 after those are miles behind and Undertow is poor as well. Basically yeah a peak of 2 albums and some good songs/parts after that

I'd thought that about Undertow for years but I stuck it on while waiting for a train a few months ago and it went down really well. Worth revisiting.

Lateralus is great for sure, but not up to Ænima's standard for me.

Might try Undertow again later I'd usually draw it out every couple of years to see if it's improved with time.

Listening to Loop - Sonancy again today. Very good stuff, sort of like a cross between Godflesh in the music and Killing Joke in the vocals.

https://loopbandofficial.bandcamp.com/album/sonancy

The new Strigoi is deadly. I think I'd vote for Vallenfyre, given the chance, but it's class all the same.

Quote from: astfgyl on October 16, 2022, 03:45:41 PMMight try Undertow again later I'd usually draw it out every couple of years to see if it's improved with time.

Listening to Loop - Sonancy again today. Very good stuff, sort of like a cross between Godflesh in the music and Killing Joke in the vocals.

https://loopbandofficial.bandcamp.com/album/sonancy

Undertow has improved greatly with age.  Had it on meself lately and it was excellent.

That Loop album is class too, been hopping off it all week, right into the list of AOTYs alongside Gilla Band and Sumac.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 15, 2022, 09:28:29 AMHällas - Excerpts From A Future Past

Jesus, this is class. Pure 70s rock worship, everything from Deep Purple to Yes, and the vocalist sounds for all the world like yer man from Megaton Sword but doing a prog approach, to the point I had to go and check it wasn't actually him. Anyway, tis deadly, and barely gotten a few mentions on here (although, since search function is still giving me gyp, can't be 100% sure on that). Check it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKYc6gvcfGw

Class album, heard it when it came out but it fell under the iceberg.  Will go back to it this week.  The retro kick off it doesn't come off cheesy either because the tunes are just deadly.

The Advisory Circle - Full Circle Cosmograf - Heroic Materials
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Judas Priest- Screaming For Vengeance
Rainbow - Rising

Quote from: Carnage on October 16, 2022, 03:34:37 AMI thought FI and the previous album were poor TBH. I understand that they're a band that have such a ridiculous burden of expectation that they'll never live up to it, but the last two have just been mediocre to be honest. Ænima was their peak and it's been all downhill from there.

FI sounds like a Dealz version of Lateralus.