Listening to a few classics yesterday

Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Deicide - Legion
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast (for a short time I was convinced that 22 Acacia Avenue was the address that Bananaman lived).

Black Sabbath- Cross Purposes.

Liege Lord- Burn to My Touch. LP arrived today and it's a ripper. Mad Manilla Road buzz but maybe thrashier. Maybe I'll leave the description to the experts and just say,  not funeral doom  :P

Only familar with the name, don't think I have ever listened to them.  Another album for the wishlist.

Quote from: Anvil on July 03, 2024, 07:44:30 AMListening to a few classics yesterday

Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Deicide - Legion
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast (for a short time I was convinced that 22 Acacia Avenue was the address that Bananaman lived).

A lot of lads had their banana out in there so you're not too far off the mark  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

N.P. -

RATT - Ratt E.P. (1983)
RATT - Out Of The Cellar (1984)
RATT - Invasion Of Your Privacy (1985)

Quote from: Anvil on July 03, 2024, 09:12:27 AMOnly familar with the name, don't think I have ever listened to them.  Another album for the wishlist.

Well worth a spin. A bit of Cirith Ungol in the mix as well maybe.

Only know Master Control which is great so need to give the other one a go.

Ya, both killer albums.

#13478 July 03, 2024, 11:57:52 AM Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 12:03:10 PM by londonleatherboy
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 03, 2024, 08:40:35 AMBlack Sabbath- Cross Purposes.

Liege Lord- Burn to My Touch. LP arrived today and it's a ripper. Mad Manilla Road buzz but maybe thrashier. Maybe I'll leave the description to the experts and just say,  not funeral doom  :P

My Liege Lord Master Control cd arrived this morning so spinning it now...so good

Fck it never heard Burn To My Touch, just hopped on amazon and got the cd

I'll keep an eye out for Master Control. I wonder if the debut is readily available.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 03, 2024, 12:11:35 PMI wonder if the debut is readily available.

I know Pat has it... yet another motivation to organize a heist of his collection  :laugh:

I actually don't know the debut that well, might give it a listen today.

Tank -  Filth Hounds of Hades cd..classic

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 03, 2024, 12:36:05 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 03, 2024, 12:11:35 PMI wonder if the debut is readily available.

I know Pat has it... yet another motivation to organize a heist of his collection  :laugh:

I actually don't know the debut that well, might give it a listen today.

I would love to see his collection. It must be frightening.

Quote from: londonleatherboy on July 03, 2024, 01:02:08 PMTank -  Filth Hounds of Hades cd..classic

You've prompted me to stick this on. Fairly sure I've heard it along the way but it sounds new to me here now. Sounds magic. Way better than expected, as in, way more melodic.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 02, 2024, 09:05:03 PMHe means Roxette really, don't worry.

Or Ace of Base :laugh:

NP - Suffocation - Hymns from the Apocrypha. I've warmed up to this recently. Wasn't too gone on your man's vocals initially, but I've told myself "look, he's not Mullen and that's cool" and have got into his style. The music itself is as subtle as a New Rock to the balls, great stuff.

Anneke Van Giersbergen & Danny Cavanagh - In Parallel. The Damien Rice cover is pretty fucking good.

The Gathering - Nighttime Birds. A classic.