#12600 April 27, 2024, 04:46:33 PM Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:49:57 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Mr Barlow on April 27, 2024, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: The Wretch on April 27, 2024, 02:31:50 PMCARCASS - Necroticism – Descanting The Insalubrious (1991)

Ah yeah. Now that hits the spot. Can't bayte a bit of Bill Steer and the boys.

Absolute classic. Had it on the other day.

Absolute stormer. I had the urge to hear some classic death metal today, and that certainly fit the bill.

Speaking of classic death metal... N.P.  ENTOMBED - Clandestine (1991) 

D.R.I. - Four of a Kind
Joe Satriani - The Extremist
Iron Maiden - X Factor (needs louder guitars)

Quote from: StrangersWithGuns on April 27, 2024, 04:14:48 PMReally enjoying the new "High On Fire" album, known about them for years but first time properly listening

Yep it's pretty decent. Blessed Black Wings and Death is This Communion are my personal favourites.

DISMEMBER - Death Metal (1997)

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Ulver - Bergtatt
Katatonia - Discouraged Ones

If anyone has any hidden gem recommendations in that general direction, apparently that's what I'm in the mood for this evening.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 27, 2024, 09:31:08 PMBurzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Ulver - Bergtatt

If anyone has any hidden gem recommendations in that general direction, apparently that's what I'm in the mood for this evening.

Taake's Nattestid Ser Porten Vid might be worth a listen.

Forgotten Woods- As the Wolves Gather on here this morning. Savage album. Might be close to what you're after.

Inflabitan - Wanderer of Grief (norway division 4, czral/aggressor on drums)

youtube.com/watch?v=uPgC2h0pYrg

#12608 April 27, 2024, 11:53:11 PM Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 12:20:42 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Naraka on April 27, 2024, 10:21:31 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 27, 2024, 09:31:08 PMBurzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Ulver - Bergtatt

Good call  :abbath:

Don't know that Forgotten Woods one, not sure I've heard anything from them actually, name just rings a bell.

Edit: Yeah, definitely didn't know this album before, I'd have remembered those Bethlehem meets early ATG vocals, they're class.

Ehlder- Nordabetraktelse

Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance. Chapter for Transforming into a Snake (on one of the old Relapse "Contaminated" sampler albums) is what opened my ears to extreme metal. Still a mighty album.

COMECON - Megatrends In Brutality (1992)

Haven't heard this in a age. Great album, despite the drum machine and the appalling artwork.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 27, 2024, 11:53:11 PM
Quote from: Naraka on April 27, 2024, 10:21:31 PM
Ulver - Bergtatt

Good call  :abbath:

Don't know that Forgotten Woods one, not sure I've heard anything from them actually, name just rings a bell.

Edit: Yeah, definitely didn't know this album before, I'd have remembered those Bethlehem meets early ATG vocals, they're class.

I had Helheim- Jormundgand on after. If you like those harsh vocals give it a go.

Ecloss - Diluvienne