#12270 April 05, 2024, 08:24:36 AM Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 08:45:49 AM by The Wretch
Quote from: Mr Barlow on April 03, 2024, 03:31:57 PMThe Gates Of Slumber - Conquerer

I was absolutely obsessed with this album and 'Hymns Of Blood And Thunder', and I still play them fairly regularly. I wish they would make more records like this one, but from what I can tell they will be continuing in the style of 'Stormcrow' whenever they get around to releasing new material. Not that there is anything wrong with that stuff, I like all TGOS and Wretch too (although by pure coincidence, I was in a band called The Wretch years ago, hence the username) but I much prefer the lyrical style and mix of doom and trad metal elements they had in 08/09.

N.P. - SAINT - Time's End (1986)

Judas Priest/Accept influenced Christian metal band from Salem, Oregon. Some great riffs and excellent Halford style vocals. For anyone who enjoys Priest and Accept themselves, or any classic early - mid 80's metal, this is well worth a listen.

Coffin Storm - Arcana Rising (really enjoying this, some tasty riffs)
Adversarial - Death, Endless Nothing and the Black Knife of Nihilism (looking forward to the new album)
Greyhawk – Thunderheart (new to me but getting a lot fun out of this new one)
FACS - Still Life In Decay

Thantifaxath live at Saint Vitus Bar, for anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/u8ZChmZ0WC8?si=VwFWTIwq75B_KlcX

My Dying Bride - Macabre Cararet
Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project. 
Satan's Satyrs - Wild Beyond Belief
Thor - Ride of the Iron Horse
Coffin Storm - Arcana Rising (this is a great release.  Some great riffage).
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius

BELIEVER - Extraction From Mortality (1989)

EXODUS - Fabulous Disaster (1989)

Quote from: The Wretch on April 05, 2024, 08:24:36 AM
Quote from: Mr Barlow on April 03, 2024, 03:31:57 PMThe Gates Of Slumber - Conquerer

I was absolutely obsessed with this album and 'Hymns Of Blood And Thunder', and I still play them fairly regularly. I wish they would make more records like this one, but from what I can tell they will be continuing in the style of 'Stormcrow' whenever they get around to releasing new material. Not that there is anything wrong with that stuff, I like all TGOS and Wretch too (although by pure coincidence, I was in a band called The Wretch years ago, hence the username) but I much prefer the lyrical style and mix of doom and trad metal elements they had in 08/09.

I hadn't realised they'd reformed, I'd assumed they were done when McCash died. Conqueror and HOBAT were excellent alright.

Attic - Return of the Witchfinder

Dura Mater - s/t    Like Holy Mountain era Sleep meeting Birds of Fire era Mahavisnu Orchestra
Slammer - The Work of Idle Hands
Toxik - Think This
Crumbsuckers - Beast on my Back

Quote from: Carnage on April 05, 2024, 11:38:38 AMI hadn't realised they'd reformed, I'd assumed they were done when McCash died. Conqueror and HOBAT were excellent alright.

They officially reformed in 2019, but they have only done gigs here and there from what I can tell. They seemed to be gearing up for a new album late last year though.

There was a live album released in 2020, I think it was from the last tour with McCash.

Death - Human
Death - Spiritual Healing
Afterbirth - Four Dimensional Flesh

W.A.S.P. - The Last Command (1985)

Quote from: The Wretch on April 05, 2024, 12:50:54 PM
Quote from: Carnage on April 05, 2024, 11:38:38 AMI hadn't realised they'd reformed, I'd assumed they were done when McCash died. Conqueror and HOBAT were excellent alright.

They officially reformed in 2019, but they have only done gigs here and there from what I can tell. They seemed to be gearing up for a new album late last year though.

There was a live album released in 2020, I think it was from the last tour with McCash.

Ah right, I must look out for that.

Anthrax - state of euphoria cd
Anthrax - Alive2 DVD

Quote from: The Wretch on April 05, 2024, 08:24:36 AM

Yeah,whopper albums. They defo went the more doom route, which is fine hy me. That Wretch album is pretty class too.
Is that Believer album you posted any use ? I remember liking a track of theirs on one of the At Death's Door comps...but never got around to checking them out any further.

#12284 April 05, 2024, 05:07:13 PM Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 06:15:51 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Mr Barlow on April 05, 2024, 04:01:33 PMIs that Believer album you posted any use ? I remember liking a track of theirs on one of the At Death's Door comps...but never got around to checking them out any further.

Yeah, it's a cracker. The only duff track is the last one, which was an ill judged attempt at being more lighthearted, and really didn't work with the rest of the songs, I imagine it was thrown in as a filler at the last minute or something. But the rest is savage tech-thrash, which borders on death metal. The second album is pretty solid too, but lacks the intensity of of the debut, and the vocal style is a bit odd in places.