Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 05, 2020, 09:01:41 PM
Yeah,  Tommy Tighe, Vortex, Judas and that young lad with the leather trench coat and new rocks.

lol

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 05, 2020, 11:56:48 AM
Can only imagine what folk who got a bad vibe off Sound Cellar must have thought about Sentinel  :laugh: :abbath:

That lad was the most miserable cunt I ever encountered in a record store.
I spent about 200 on cds in there once and yer man didn't even say thanks and was just a moody cunt the entire time banging boxes beside me and telling me to move out of the way.
Fuckin spa.
He was listening to the biggest pile of wank ever full blast as well.
Never went back.

Can remember sending money in the post up to Sound Cellar for Longsleeves back when i was a young teenager.The first time i went into the place (95) it was a pretty big deal for me,had saved up about £150 and was like a kid in a candy shop.

Wasnt in there in literally 10 years,but went in for a nose the day Slayer played the 3 arena 2 years ago.Not much has changed,Tommy still giving it the 'great album' to any auld scutter!.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on July 05, 2020, 10:18:42 PM
A bit about Judas and Tommy Tighe at the end of this article.....

https://www.totallydublin.ie/more/i-dublin-city-malcolm-mcgettigan/
More importantly though, Tommy knows the music he stocks and regulars value his opinion. "I believe in being straight with people. If they ask, I tell them the truth" :laugh: :laugh:

#95 July 05, 2020, 10:25:22 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:52:42 PM by mugz

Chin up Mugz, mushy season is around the corner

I do honestly understand exactly what you mean as well though, but since I started getting up early in the morning and also taking the mushies every season it has all gotten much less painful and I can almost accept existence as a sort of reality now

Anyone: So what's this life stuff all about then, Tommy?

Tommy: Great Album!

#97 July 05, 2020, 10:48:59 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:52:56 PM by mugz

Back in the mid 90s i was on an overnight school trip to Dublin,so obviously sound cellar was going to be hit.I had gotten cash and a wish list from a few buddies.So i dropped a good bit of cash and got a rake of albums.Next day we went out for the morning so our bags were stored in a room in the hostel.After our morning ramble we went and got our bags and headed to Heuston to catch the train back to Cork.Settled in and opend my bag to go through the mountain of cds i had bought the day before.To my fuckin horror!! ,no fuckin cds!!.I had picked up an identical  bag belonging to someone else staying at the hostel!!.Long story short i had to give the bag to a cab driver to bring back to the hostel,and had to wait about 2 months until my uncle( who lived in Dublin and got my bag) came down to Cork.
(Two months of Skippy moaning i might add too)

#99 July 05, 2020, 10:58:12 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:53:29 PM by mugz

Back on the JK Metal Show, I remember hearing Graveyard Dirt track 'the serenity of night' on the show as the featured demo. Personally, it was one of those seminal moments in music where I really felt I had heard 'something'. It was dark, alien, and alluring.

I did not hear that track again until buying the GD vinyls off miserable cunt Scobes a year or two ago.
Funny how life works out.

#101 July 06, 2020, 03:40:26 AM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:53:39 PM by mugz

It's impossible to recapture that feeling because there's absolutely no way of discovering new music or literature with that barrier to new experience that now exists. What's it called again? Oh yeah, the internet...

There is so much great music our there, even the old stuff like Genesis that someone mentioned in the now listening to thread, fantastic.

#104 July 06, 2020, 12:32:38 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:53:56 PM by mugz