Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 26, 2024, 12:22:58 PMI just ordered Gorgoroth- Pentagram on LP (reissue). Total impulse buy. I have listened to it before and found Hat's vocals on the ludicrous side but I'm willing to put in some effort to see if he grows on me. Hat...

His vocals are great, best vocalist the band has ever had and that album is one of the best things to have ever come out of Norway.

Yeah I kind of have a notion it might be a grower for me. So a calculated risk rather than a hairbrained purchase? let's find out!

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 26, 2024, 01:08:46 PM
Quote from: Maggot Colony on September 16, 2024, 12:36:39 PMEmberdawn by Mefitis and Fragments at the Edge of Sorrow by Mortify finally arrived in the post from Chaos Records in Mexico.
just in time for the new one

Good stuff. Liking the new track, will pre-order the album from Bandcamp. 

Just discovered Fabricant when I was Googling the new Mefitis. Have Drudge to the Thicket in the basket as well.

#1743 September 28, 2024, 06:47:28 AM Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 06:49:07 AM by Eoin McLove
I picked up The Black Album. I got the tape when it came out and lost it not long after. We were visiting family friends and I left it, Rust in Peace and Nevermind (which wasn't even mine) behind. When we got home I rang and asked them to post the tapes back but they had mysteriously vanished never to be seen again. Totally over it  :-X

Thirty something years later I have finally gotten around to replacing it. I picked up Rust In Peace on CD years ago and haven't bothered with Nirvana. That is pretty much my life story so far. Now to begin living again.

#1744 September 30, 2024, 04:56:39 PM Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 06:08:46 PM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk
Quote from: mickO))) on September 26, 2024, 09:36:58 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 26, 2024, 12:22:58 PMI just ordered Gorgoroth- Pentagram on LP (reissue). Total impulse buy. I have listened to it before and found Hat's vocals on the ludicrous side but I'm willing to put in some effort to see if he grows on me. Hat...

His vocals are great, best vocalist the band has ever had and that album is one of the best things to have ever come out of Norway.

Yeah, top tier vocalist/release for sure. I would have preferred if Pest put his own stamp on his albums instead of a Hat imitation. Very competitive in Norway for the best of list. i could only whittle down maybe a top 20 releases at best. Too many classics. Pentagram is in there though.

Picked up Interdimensional Extinction and Hidden History of the Human Race on CD in Tower. Have never heard Hidden History, looking forward to getting stuck into it. 

Got a few in the post this week:
Kanonfieber - Die Urkatastrophe
Eldamar - Astral Journeys Pt. I : Creation

and ordered:
Asarhaddon - Era

Yerra he used to perving on the young wans in the peace park.

#1748 October 05, 2024, 06:44:39 AM Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 09:50:01 AM by Mithrandir
Just bought a new record player after having my old one for 16 years  8) 

Nothing crazy, just the Audio Technica LPX120. Sort of mid range I think, but anything will be better than the piece of shit I'm using now. I don't think you need audiophile gear to listen to Sarcofago anyway :laugh:

There's some crazy expensive shit out there these days.

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on October 04, 2024, 05:24:39 PMYerra he used to perving on the young wans in the peace park.

Totally out of context here - I imagine this was meant for the Gorgoroth thread re Lee  :laugh: I used to see him about town with a girl in a St. Angela's school uniform as well  :(

I picked up the latest Skeletal Remains, Ripped to Shreds and Sorgelig on bandcamp last night amongst others, but they're the standouts for me.
Earache have some good deals going on as well for bandcamp Friday. They keep them up for a while if any interest, e.g. Napalm Death colour vinyl €17, Morbid Angel hoodie €20.

Torpor: Abscission / Rhetoric Of The Image 2CD preorder

Heavy they are indeed.

Quote from: Snare on October 05, 2024, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on October 04, 2024, 05:24:39 PMYerra he used to perving on the young wans in the peace park.

Totally out of context here - I imagine this was meant for the Gorgoroth thread re Lee  :laugh: I used to see him about town with a girl in a St. Angela's school uniform as well  :(

Ha that's gas! I'm fairly sure I knew that girl, and if it wasn't her then he must have had a thing for St. Angela's ones (School Mhuire prob too high maintenance). He would have been in UCC at the time and I reckon she was fourth year.