AA was speaking positively of it?

Yep, very positive review he did
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Disma - Towards the Megalith DLP + 7"

Two new Paradise Lost long sleeves arrived from Musickadas today. Lost Paradise and Gothic designs. They both look deadly  8)

Verminous Serpent- The Malign Covenant LP & CD ordered  8)

Thin Lizzy, Phil Lynott – The Boys Are Back In Town (Live At The Sydney Opera House October 1978) / Songs For While I'm Away

Megadeth SFSGSW, 2004 remaster, hoping to jaysis it isn't wrecked compared to the tape I bought and listened to 1000 times.

Loads of non MW related stuff, classical, bluegrass, a Sade album and some CDs of a genre called 'disco polo' great gas from Poland

#1071 April 24, 2023, 07:35:35 AM Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 09:49:56 AM by Eoin McLove
Future Islands- Singles CD. The shrieks in Fall From Grace make me wonder if the title is a nod to Morbid Angel. TOPICAL!

Some nice arrivals today for the bank holiday weekend

DHG - Black Medium current DLP
Macabre - Sinister Slaughter LP
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon deluxe LP
Beherit - Messe Des Mortes LP
Cenotaph - The Gloomy Reflection of Our Hidden Sorrows DLP

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 24, 2023, 07:35:35 AMFuture Islands- Singles CD. The shrieks in Fall From Grace make me wonder if the title is a nod to Morbid Angel. TOPICAL!

I always thought the same. He uses the growls loads more in live clips but that's the only time on Singles. Incredible album.

Threw that on the other day for a bit of a listen. Didn't instantly grab me or anything, but I did spot a certain theatrical epic metal sensibility to a lot of the vocal approach. Don't think I got as far from Fall From Grace though, next time.

Is this your pop record for the decade then? After Gotye in the last one?  :laugh:

All NFR releases acquired from a friend in Melbourne who just landed home after a year down under. Ideal mixture of death, power and black. Had been searching for quite some time so very happy to tick off the wants list.
Hypocrite-Into the Halls of the Blind.
Insania-Sunrise in Riverland.
Marduk-Dark Endless

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 25, 2023, 08:50:05 PMThrew that on the other day for a bit of a listen. Didn't instantly grab me or anything, but I did spot a certain theatrical epic metal sensibility to a lot of the vocal approach. Don't think I got as far from Fall From Grace though, next time.

Is this your pop record for the decade then? After Gotye in the last one?  :laugh:

I would put The Far Field ahead of Singles at the moment but I've listened to that a thousand times and I'm only getting into Singles. But yeah, Future Islands are my pop allowance of the decade  8)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 25, 2023, 08:50:05 PMThrew that on the other day for a bit of a listen. Didn't instantly grab me or anything, but I did spot a certain theatrical epic metal sensibility to a lot of the vocal approach. Don't think I got as far from Fall From Grace though, next time.

Ya, didn't grab me beyond Seasons for the first few listens but at some point then I got obsessed.

I found that with The Far Field too. Initially I only really liked 3 or 4 songs but that was enough to keep it on repeat and the others slowly began to get in under the skin. Well, not that slowly but I had it on repeat for a few weeks. I'm sure Seasons will be the same.

Speaking of pop albums, was pissed last night and I bought:

Lady Gaga: Joanne, Chromatica & Dawn Of Chromatica.

Fuck off.