#1095 August 31, 2020, 07:29:51 PM Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:33:12 PM by Caomhaoin
I dunno lad, after the Floyd incident, I'd be quite hesitant to get into a wrestling match with a black lad if I was polis. They are skittish enough at the best of times, the pressure and glare of the spotlight on them at the moment are almost intolerable.

I see your buddies in Antifa killed a lad just because he was a Trump supporter. Utterly sickening. Hate crime, and a hate crime committed by a gang of absolute cunts. Boils my piss. The footage is harrowing, the poor bastard - 'Hey we got a Trumper' BANG BANG. And some short haired lesbian anarchist bullshitting about 'we can replace the police with armed citizen brigades, and a fascist died tonight' (referring to the victim). I was just fantasising about stomping her fucking head in.

You ask me, it's even more reprehensible than what happened to either Floyd or that other eejit resisting arrest.

TRUMP LIVES MATTER

The point is badly trained cops creating situations where they execute capital punishment on the streets; can yiz not get it into your heads that this has nothing to do with how a suspect "should" have acted? From the video, it looks like there was ample opportunity for officers to overpower him rather than allow the situation to slide towards a point where an officer allegedly felt his life was in imminent danger.

And of course, what do we get on the shooting of the protesters in this thread? One of them was a paedophile, rather than a comment on cops not even asking for a teen's ID to make sure he was of legal age for carrying a lethal weapon. Same police force...I'm sure we can trust everything they report about what happened in a high profile killing case though!

Kev: I haven't said a positive word about antifa anywhere in this thread, and even above said that this killing of a Trump supporter IS relevant whereas what crimes Blake was accused of aren't.

Do you have any links for the Portland shooting stuff you're mentioning there Kev? Not getting much back, cheers.

I know you haven't bigged up the 'no paedo bashing' brigade, it just suits my narrative of you being a secret member.

12.20 for the shooting, 13.30 for the fat lesbian paedo apologist.

You'll have to give Steven Crowder a view to watch it though, which I find immensely satisfying. CHRIS IS WATCHING LOUDER WITH CROWDER AWWWW YEEEEEAAAA

https://youtu.be/s61drCqB-hI

#1100 August 31, 2020, 07:56:16 PM Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 08:00:17 PM by Pedrito
The idea that police officers can simply take a guy down and restrain him is not all fallacy but it's not that simple. Anyone into martial arts or wrestling, even the likes of rugby will tell you that there's no guarantee of anything when trying to hold people down. Will definitely work in lots of cases but there are some big dudes out there.

Yes you could have a whole police force training BJJ(even still no guarantee but defintely greatly increases chances) but when you factor in all the other stuff they need to contend with, most importantly the amount of guns on American streets then maybe there are not enough hours in the day. That said, it could definitely improve. One interesting thing to note though is that there is also a move to ban chokeholds in the US especially after the Floyd death which is completely counterproductive when looking at real, effective, safe chokeholds

Gracie Jiu Jitsu talking police and chokeholds:

https://youtu.be/4MRDigL6CQs

Some lads just won't go down, bonkers stuff and certainly an argument for further training in how to restrain people, but again a rudimentary stop results in people fighting for their lives.

https://youtu.be/_BZkxLQ6zlk

Example of what an officer would need to do each time someone resists or starts fighting back. This guy is trained, the other lad isn't and even then it's a battle: 

https://youtu.be/HlpX1DwEB1k

Again, loads of it could be avoided. The States is certainly rule heavy and law heavy. I found that to be the case myself. It's not a one way street but it's only going to get worse before it gets better if the rule of thumb is resist and talk shit and act in a threatening manner.

And on a local level(and I'm no great fan of the Gardaí or anything), but the father of a lad I went to school with was a Garda and was attacked in a stairwell in Drogheda years ago. Took him a year before he could walk properly again and was forced into early retirement. Not an easy job at all.

Jocko Willinck (No doubt I'm spelling that arseways) was fascinating on police training while talking to Joe Rogan recently. Maybe ignore Rogan calling for The Rock to run for president, though  :laugh:

Jocko's a legend but he's also an unbelievably highly skilled martial artist. He's definitely got loads.of great points though and education at all levels of society and most definitely with police is needed.

I think it's only fair and sensible that an armed force in a country as complex and potentially dangerous to police as America should be trained to the highest degree imaginable. There are issues to be sorted out on both sides of the divide but the police, as paid professionals, should be operating at a level beyond reproach.

And that of course is a better solution than defunding or dismantling the cops.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 31, 2020, 08:16:31 PM
I think it's only fair and sensible that an armed force in a country as complex and potentially dangerous to police as America should be trained to the highest degree imaginable. There are issues to be sorted out on both sides of the divide but the police, as paid professionals, should be operating at a level beyond reproach.

And that of course is a better solution than defunding or dismantling the cops.

Perfectly put

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 31, 2020, 08:09:34 PM
Maybe ignore Rogan calling for The Rock to run for president, though  :laugh:

The only times Joe is actually funny is when he doesn't mean to be.

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1uv7DU8Q2Y&bpctr=1598903947

As for training,  they were overpowered. He's a big lad, hardly their fault. They went for non lethal measures first and then got harsher as the situation escalated.  I'm pretty sure that follows their guidelines to the letter.

Quote from: mickO))) on August 31, 2020, 08:33:35 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 31, 2020, 08:09:34 PM
Maybe ignore Rogan calling for The Rock to run for president, though  :laugh:

The only times Joe is actually funny is when he doesn't mean to be.

I like him a lot, but yeah, comedy ain't his forté!

Horrendous comedian, good lad for talking though.