I pulled this off the shelf for the first time in some years. It's a shame they fizzled out and it's an equal shame that this album only ever came out on a tiny Chinese label as it deserved more attention than it got before falling into complete obscurity. It would be cool to see this picked up for a reissue and a vinyl run by a label that could get it a little further out there. It would be even more cool to see the band rise from the grave with new songs at some stage.

I caught them live once in Belfast (a day long fest job) and their set was ferocious.  I remember there being heavy use of strobe lighting that worked really well.

Defo deserved to get more attention, not least of all locally.  'A Godless Rapture' is one epic fucking tune.

Nein. That was Altus.

The song 'Crimson Dawn'- fucking savage. That insistent mid- paced rumble is perfect. I forgot how good this album was.

Excellent album, alright.

Chris Brady is on bass/vocals fb or Zombified these days.

Zero interest in Zombified. He needs to get back to the real stuff.  No mercy.

#5 May 04, 2020, 04:55:56 PM Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:01:28 PM by Eoin McLove
I see the label who released this www.pest666.com  have the CD on their website for 2 or 3 quid. Well worth those measly beans. I have been listening to it on repeat the last couple of days. I reckon this album is up there with early Hexxed in terms of quality, although coming more from a black metal perspective perhaps.

Edit. I ran upstairs and grabbed 'Transgression' off the shelf for later.

I managed to catch Altus Astrum live a few times. They always put on a good show, which was especially great considering there isn't a lot of local black metal gigs in Belfast. They did a gig in Lavery's with Altar of Plagues at one point. They came and went pretty fast. They just seemed to suddenly disappear. I think a few of the guys used to be in a band called Aftermath, although it was a good bit thrashier from what I remember

Yep, Aftermath was the same band.

#9 September 23, 2023, 02:39:13 AM Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 02:43:22 AM by Eoin McLove
Antediluvian on here again today. I pretty much have nothing to add to my original post other than to say that my campaign to reincarnate old Irish bands through the power of wishful thinking rolls ever onward. No mercy!

A Godless Rapture into Crimson Dawn... Lord almighty what a duo of epic songs. I think AA really shone when they slowed down. Their knack for riffs and feel for dynamics really came to the fore on these songs. Top notch.

I missed out on this. I remember seeing Aftermath in the Temple around 2003(??) supporting God Dethroned. Whilst not maybe the complete article ,I remember they stood out because they weren't pedalling the usual whacky thrash that this island seemed to be obsessed with and thinking they were on to something. Trying to track down a physical copy now, looks like discogs is the only option at this point.