Quote from: Giggles on April 21, 2021, 08:45:08 PM
Lots of them building car parks for paid parking, not much noney being spent on upgrading the actual health service though  :-X

Genuine question, are hospital car parks privately owned and run yet back home? They are here.

The way my mate was giving out about them gave me the impression that they would be run by private firms yeah.

#2793 April 22, 2021, 11:03:26 AM Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:39:51 AM by Blackout
India has a Massive population coupled with abject poverty meaning if a large portion of the population couldn't work due to government lockdowns they would die from starvation rather than covid. Let's hope our quarantine rules prevent a major spread of these new variants.

We've had a huge wave of positive cases through campus the last couple of days, since almost all the first year master interns decided to have a party Friday night (can't and don't blame them), and now about 50% have tested positive with all the others being contact cases. One of the other institute directors got so pissed off he just banned all first year master students from his building for 7 days, regardless of whether they were at the party in question. All very funny, especially considering the missus' intern is one of the positive cases but not mine  8)

We should really have set aside a month last year and obliged all the 18 to 35 year olds to party non-stop on some island somewhere until they were all infected and recovered.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 22, 2021, 10:19:28 AM
Not looking good for India:
https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1384782949879517185/photo/1

Depends how you look at it.... https://twitter.com/ThinkingSlow1/status/1385172144036929537/photo/1

As with all things, it will take a while for the dust to settle but the media would never wait before trying to put the shits up us all. Not even the broadsheets anymore. So we shall see.

For fun, here's another couple of twitter links: https://twitter.com/MConceptions/status/1384253545524862981 and https://twitter.com/MConceptions/status/1383102587591929859/photo/1

This person does these analyses on various countries throughout their feed but tbh I haven't even attempted to verify any of them other than the Ireland one (https://twitter.com/rzioni/status/1381902902432780289/photo/1), which was pretty spot on with its' figures but much too soon to make anything of it. In fact I'm not even saying these figures mean anything at all because correlation does not equal causation, much like how Texans unmasking can't be blamed for the drop in cases and how the high numbers in Michigan can't be blamed on continued restrictions either. I think myself that seasonality is a far larger influence than it has been credited with, but to accept seasonality is to accept a greatly reduced impact of lockdowns.

Quote from: Blackout on April 22, 2021, 11:03:26 AM
Let's hope our quarantine rules prevent a major spread of these new variants.

Not a hope that they will prevent anything. There will be a variant for every agenda. How did the B117 variant turn out in the end anyway? That was supposed to be far deadlier than the original, which itself was observed to have many mutations by the time it went around the world. As far as I know in this country, as the percentage of cases of B117 increased, the total number of cases decreased, which says not a lot about how much worse it was, despite the media doing all they can to frighten the shit out of us all.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 22, 2021, 03:30:07 PM
We should really have set aside a month last year and obliged all the 18 to 35 year olds to party non-stop on some island somewhere until they were all infected and recovered.

As funny as that sounds, it's not far off the mark. I'd have missed it myself, but fake IDs have surely improved over the years

I've just watched this video and there is a strong chance that it has set the new record for The Most Wrong Things Said in Under 7 Minutes Ever. Listen to both sides of this "argument" and take a wild stab at where it's going to end up. A real fucking desperate sales pitch for a lot of things that no one wants, it's actually as bad as one of those ads with a cunt of a chef selling a set of knives and !!wait!! there's more!! etc, and sorry for the twitter link but the thing happened for definite anyway so don't worry about the source.

Bear in mind that 22 states have so far removed mask mandates and some have removed every possible restriction, but the news is still holding a debate like this on what sort of benefits should be afforded to the vaccinated people. What are the people in the 22 states thinking while listening to this? Absolute cloud cuckoo land stuff and you'd have to be in cloud cuckoo land yourself not to see it. Talking about the likes of taking off the mask outside for fuck's sake. Who in the name of fucking god has actually been following all the restrictions to the letter anyway??? Fucking gimps all over the world going on about other people not following restrictions and there isn't a cunt anywhere who has followed them all. Don't forget that even touching your own face is ill-advised now. But of course we have all been touching our faces since the first day that we weren't supposed to, and some of us even had the wherewithal to move within the magical 6 feet barrier we are supposed to maintain between ourselves and others like the proper fucking daredevils we are!

Some of us even had sex with other people, despite the possibility that we may have been asymptomatic and passed it on to those that we care about or wanted to fuck (whichever it doesn't matter, it obviously translates directly into deaths of really old and broke up people in nursing homes no matter how logically we look at it). Some people even put their own children at potential risk by going near them or tucking them into bed. Some of us visited our mothers and took the risk of killing them unawares. We are the fucking daredevils of the new normal and we piss on the graves of the victims by simply going about life as if it was the old normal.

And yeah it's the US but the exact same shiting debate is happening all over the world. Look at NZ, no impact, life going on as normal and suddenly the shit with the no jab no job when they haven't even seen how it's working for the rest of the world. I mean who the fuck is the control group in NZ when the thing isn't even supposedly circulating there? Go on, one of ye say ye have followed it all and still think it's all above board, given that it is about to change everything for the foreseeable future. Anyway..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1387498073849479179

I normally stay out of the general discourse for this but this is hilarious

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1387080575564099589?s=19

Not the actual article itself - great that a country who got hit as badly as the US is starting to make some sort of move forward and is comfortable enough to officially recommend removing masks - but the fuckin replies and quote tweets.  There are people saying they will continue to wear a mask, not because they are worried about it, but because they don't want to be seen as either an anti masker or republican.  An actual opportunity to accept an improvement and a move back to normality and it is met with "no thanks, I'd rather make sure you definitely know I'm not one of them".  A fuckin competition for moral righteousness over a mask.

It does go some way to explaining why the Slavitt guy in the video astfgyl just posted was hedging so much in his response to Cuomo; the citizens are headcases. If the CDC come out with too strong of a "If you're vaccinated, you can do what you want!" then the (very large and nourished quite substantially by people like astgyl constantly referring to the vaccine as a "gene therapy" experiment) anti-vax movement will start spreading it out that the US citizenry is being held to ransom by the CDC and the pharmaceutical companies. Right, so can't push too hard on that persuader, because too many will interpret the carrot as a baton. So, then what? Well, let's at least tell them that vaccinated people don't need to wear their mask anymore. Oh, no, shit, we've upset the headcases on the other side now!

Just everyone calm down like.

It is fascinating how these things get tied, in a very polarising way, to people's politics.  I know it works for almost anything and not just these things in this instance, but watching the totem be built to either side and filled with its own signifiers is bizarre.

Going outside of any debate on masks and vaccines themselves, look at how they have become the flag to wave to show which side you support, in the US especially.  In the eyes of the more extreme people, you cannot be Republican and get a vaccine, or you cannot be Democratic and go unmasked.

I know it is up for a deeper analysis than these few posts too, and the effects are wider socially than just how the virus is spread, but it is still interesting to see.  I just can't think too hard about it at the minute because I am already badly procrastinating work and an assignment due for a course :laugh:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 29, 2021, 09:28:34 AM
It does go some way to explaining why the Slavitt guy in the video astfgyl just posted was hedging so much in his response to Cuomo; the citizens are headcases. If the CDC come out with too strong of a "If you're vaccinated, you can do what you want!" then the (very large and nourished quite substantially by people like astgyl constantly referring to the vaccine as a "gene therapy" experiment) anti-vax movement will start spreading it out that the US citizenry is being held to ransom by the CDC and the pharmaceutical companies. Right, so can't push too hard on that persuader, because too many will interpret the carrot as a baton. So, then what? Well, let's at least tell them that vaccinated people don't need to wear their mask anymore. Oh, no, shit, we've upset the headcases on the other side now!

Just everyone calm down like.

I'm pro vaccine in general, just not this one. Saying that, I wouldn't tell anyone not to get it either. It should be their own choice and coercion is out of order when it comes to medical treatment. I had the psychiatrist trying to coerce me into taking antidepressants back in the day the fucking prick and this shit is like that on steroids.

What I see in that video is a sort of controlled opposition. We can debate how to get the thing and why we should all do so, but not the thing itself. Oh no that is right off the table. Reminds me of the chomsky quote about giving the impression of debate by allowing lively debate within a very narrow spectrum. Those who feel as I do are entitled to give it a miss and as long as I am left alone to do so, I have no issue with the existence of the still in trial gene therapies or indeed any other types. As long as it isn't mandatory, the companies can have all the willing customers they like. I don't foresee a situation where I will suddenly start trusting the politicians or the pharma companies or indeed the media no matter how it's framed.

Sure look at the huge media coverage of the massive march in London last weekend if you think the media cover the news rather than push agendas. That's right, there was no coverage here or in the UK, but sky news Australia and RT covered it. Estimated half million people at it. Well the estimates were higher (0.7 - 1 million) so I'm playing it safe because the anti lockdown crowd are not immune to talking shit either but the pictures and videos show the size of the crowd and it is amazing. Let's wait 2 weeks to see if it is a super spreader event (it won't be).

Look at the India stories. Things are so bad that the media had to use images from last year's gas leak to frighten us and yet won't report the actual news. It would have worked years ago but there are too many amateur sleuths these days putting their own work in.

I watched that video 3 times and I stand by my original comments on it.

See the uk now wants to stop the within 28 days death counting because they think it gives an inaccurate picture of the efficacy of the jabs. Well no shit! Of course that wasn't a problem when trying to big up the situation to get folks to take the thing. It was fine to distort it to hell then.

So many wrong things. I haven't even scratched the surface  really. So when proven liars want me to get jabbed with something only authorized for emergency use and certainly still in trial stage to get back my freedom which was wrongly taken away, I say go fuck and I am out. There hasn't even been studies on drug interactions done yet. Well they're ongoing now in the unwitting general population. Sure why doesn't the news tell us this, or anyone else as part of informed consent?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 29, 2021, 11:31:44 PM
https://twitter.com/pedromics/status/1387882966290997254/photo/1

Very clever and yet it has completely sidestepped all of the reasons I have given for being skeptical. There are of course the 5G crowd, but they are as bad as the 7 billion vaccinations lobby so can be safely disregarded by the sane.

Does anyone reckon the flu vaccine will be in demand this year, now that it has disappeared or will it just be the new stuff?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 29, 2021, 11:31:44 PM
https://twitter.com/pedromics/status/1387882966290997254/photo/1

Notice anything here?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelPSenger/status/1387836517259694080/photo/3

For those who don't want to look, the cdc has advised cycle thresholds of 28 or less to determine breakthrough infections after vaccination. Amazing how the logic can be applied when it suits!

By the way, using that threshold for determining cases all along would have resulted in a roughly 80% reduction in published case numbers, but possibly even more.

Nothing to see here, it's all above board!! :laugh:

You don't need to be one of the lads in your quoted tweet to get the smell of shit off this farce