Your experiences are fair enough but I very much object to your claim that 80% of immigrants are here to mooch off the state.

And I get while in your view you are here with the intention to make an honest living and improve your life, the bitter truth is that all those people out protesting screaming at refugees wouldn't differ you from the scroungers.

The funny thing is, for all everyone in this thread (me included) spend moaning about woke people, or identity politics, the anti immigration/refugee argument  is just the Conservative version of the ultra woke 'cancel culture' merchants.

Liberal/Conservative, it's all a distraction to divert from the class war.

This is old, but points to a 40% unemployment rate among asylum seekers that are allowed to work. Nine or ten times the national rate.
RTE

Quote from: hellfire on February 07, 2023, 01:11:56 PMThis is old, but points to a 40% unemployment rate among asylum seekers that are allowed to work. Nine or ten times the national rate.
RTE

The thrust of that article is very much not that this is primarily the fault of the asylum seekers themselves though. The piece and the reason for the piece is about telling employers how to better connect to asylum seekers looking to work. So...?

I'm assuming the number is somewhat accurate concerning the unemployment rate. Although with RTE it's impossible to tell. The only numbers you can get here are when they are in favour of the asylum seekers. 40℅ unemployment rate.

They were talking about the immigration/refugee situation on Upfront last night, pushing the far right angle big time. The only one who had the courage to say that the far right agitators were a small group among people with legitimate concerns was Michael Fitzmaurice, and they couldn't shut him up fast enough. Yer wan Emer O'Neill making it all about herself too, gobshite.

#4821 February 07, 2023, 05:34:33 PM Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 05:55:35 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Watching it here now and that is a bollocks interpretation of the discussion on Upfront (it's live on the RTE Player for anyone interested). The woman from the Far Right Observatory that they have in very clearly began her bit by saying that the majority of communities are welcoming and that the active "entities", as she calls them, behind far right propaganda online and elsewhere in Ireland number only around 22. The section starts with victim/witness reports from two young women (neither of them being Emer O'Neill, who was on the panel) who are at the receiving end of where the hate speech ends up; in the minds and mouths of youths with nothing better to be doing but going around harassing people on the street with any kind of half-baked justification they can find. The handful of young people of colour I knew growing up in Ireland already faced racism in school, in sports clubs, etc., but I can only imagine how much worse it could be for them today. It is absolutely fucking despicable behavior that we're talking about.

None of that part of the section stood out to you though, no? The hate-filled bullshit from the "small groups of far right agitators" is very real and it spreads fast. Why? It would seem to me that it's also because a lot of those whose primary concerns may be legitimate don't actively work to police the far right elements out of their own factions. And sorry to pull the wool off your eyes, but that is because there is sympathy and apologetics for those positions that penetrates far beyond the agitators. Sure we see versions of it turn up here constantly. And even when Michael Fitzmaurice was talking, he was openly exhorting protestors to keep their eye on the ball; structural deficits left in place by successive governments. Plus, they only "shut him up" because it was the very end of the show and they still had to get to the Leitrim hurler lad they had in the audience, and sure he only repeated the same thing Fitzmaurice had said; keep the ire for your bad situations fixed on the government.

Prince Valiant rides back into battle on his charger of colour :)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 07, 2023, 05:34:33 PMWatching it here now and that is a bollocks interpretation of the discussion on Upfront (it's live on the RTE Player for anyone interested). The woman from the Far Right Observatory that they have in very clearly began her bit by saying that the majority of communities are welcoming and that the active "entities", as she calls them, behind far right propaganda online and elsewhere in Ireland number only around 22. The section starts with victim/witness reports from two young women (neither of them being Emer O'Neill, who was on the panel) who are at the receiving end of where the hate speech ends up; in the minds and mouths of youths with nothing better to be doing but going around harassing people on the street with any kind of half-baked justification they can find. The handful of young people of colour I knew growing up in Ireland already faced racism in school, in sports clubs, etc., but I can only imagine how much worse it could be for them today. It is absolutely fucking despicable behavior that we're talking about.

None of that part of the section stood out to you though, no? The hate-filled bullshit from the "small groups of far right agitators" is very real and it spreads fast. Why? It would seem to me that it's also because a lot of those whose primary concerns may be legitimate don't actively work to police the far right elements out of their own factions. And sorry to pull the wool off your eyes, but that is because there is sympathy and apologetics for those positions that penetrates far beyond the agitators. Sure we see versions of it turn up here constantly. And even when Michael Fitzmaurice was talking, he was openly exhorting protestors to keep their eye on the ball; structural deficits left in place by successive governments. Plus, they only "shut him up" because it was the very end of the show and they still had to get to the Leitrim hurler lad they had in the audience, and sure he only repeated the same thing Fitzmaurice had said; keep the ire for your bad situations fixed on the government.

This is all fair and right (yes intended). The trick is to not let the govt and their propaganda arm (rte, no joke that's actually what it is) away with focusing on the few eejits to the detriment of the actual concerns around integration and housing. We can all see what it all is for what it all is in terms of highlighting the racial abuse rather than the actual points of concern.

As an aside, the young fellas Nigerian friend keeps calling him a cracker for the laugh (in an Irish accent no less) and I have to keep explaining to the young lad that he can't call yer man a nigger in retaliation simply because for some mad reason it's grand for the Nigerian lad to say it but not my red haired dope of a son to say it. Anyway the boys are friends and it's just young lads being dicks as they always have done and always will do. That shit would iron itself out a lot faster if only the kids would be left alone to realise that it's only funny when you're young and stupid rather than bringing in the hate speech lark which will only lead to some feeling like their free speech rights are being impinged upon.

It's a bit like lately a young traveller lad called me a racist because I said I'd break his neck if he egged my car. We have and are creating a monster by having some groups more equal than others due to minority status.

Anyway that was a tangent brought on by your mention of the few brown lads being slated at school. File those lads away with all the fat lads and red haired lads and lads with buck teeth or big ears or spots or a bad pair of brógs or their parents are poor or they have something like glasses or a hearing aid or the teacher likes them or good knows what else. They could kind of fucking get over it as well

#4826 February 07, 2023, 09:06:19 PM Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 09:08:39 PM by Caomhaoin
It may be true that getting highly strung about immigrants may be influenced by 'fanatics' but when the contrarians start using government approved slogans and terminology like 'hate speech', 'people of colour' and 'diversity' (not to mention birthing person, uterus holder and chest feeder for fuck sake) one becomes just as much as a useful idiot for the establishment. That's all these cunts want, divide the plebs with internecine squabbling over bullshit.

A Chinese lad at school started openly calling a collègue a racist for getting pissed off with him and punishing him. Parents got involved, the whole (totally bullshit) situation took a terrible toll on him.

Any kind of remark about 'ethnicity' has been engineered artificially into the most grotesque crime imaginable, to the point where it trumps everything. 'Ignore the cunts' or 'the next time you hear that belt the fucker' has been replaced with all of this Orwellian bollocks.

What do you call a blonde at Harvard?
The janitor! Haha

What do you call a drummer at Harvard?
The janitor! Haha

Did you know that Jade Goody went to Harvard?
She was the janitor! Haha

What do you call a Nascar fan at Harvard?
The janitor! Haha

What do you call a Kerryman at Harvard?
The janitor! Haha

What do you call a black person at Harvard?
The janit- YOU'RE A RACIST!!!!

Dear young non-white women living in Ireland, next time you're being harassed and racially bullied by a group of teenagers for the crime of being out in public, just ignore the cunts or belt the fuckers, but either way, shut up about it, because right now we need to have a minute's silence for some teacher in Spain and the terrible toll an accusation of racism has had on him.

Stellar stuff Kev, on fire today.

#4829 February 07, 2023, 11:20:53 PM Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 11:25:08 PM by Caomhaoin
Jaysus you're a dose lad.