#420 June 25, 2020, 12:49:47 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:28:58 PM by mugz

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 25, 2020, 12:38:22 PM
Quote from: Juggz on June 25, 2020, 12:18:26 PM
They have plenty of experience of the excesses of the white man, no?

Their ancestors did. Racists exist, no doubt aboutit. But I don't see why the current generation of, generally speaking, non-racist western societies should be held responsible for the actions of people who looked like them in the past, or why they should apologise for it. They certainly shouldn't be given carte blanche to get historical revenge in South Africa as is happening right now.

If it were to be the case, the Swedes should apologise to the Germans for spearheading the Protestant side of  the apocalyptic 30 years war, the conquering Arabs to Coptic Egyptians, the Mongols to the Jin Chinese, sure why not the descendants of Assyrians to the descendants of their neighbours for enslaving and attempting to wipe them out? I mean, how far can we go back in history for grievances? Not being smart, but history can provide any 'group' with a gripe against someone. So maybe group think is a bad thing.

I'm not denying the existence of racism, but white people dont have a monopoly on atrocity, and other varieties of white people suffered as much as anyone else.
You can't really believe this whole thing is about historical racism, surely?

#422 June 25, 2020, 01:30:58 PM Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:34:52 PM by Caomhaoin
Depends on how you define historical. I don't believe there are racist systems or underhanded policies in place to keep the black man down, at least not in the west. The American welfare system has led, at least to an extent, the 75% single parent family rate amongst blacks, and the statistics bear out that this leads to negative outcomes. Redlining, segregation, widespread racism, all that stuff is cold in the grave for 50 years. Black people are over represented in pop music, sport etc, in fact most icons from those industries are black. Who is holding them down, oppressing them?

I understand the Floyd killing was the spark for this conflagration, but the culprit is in jail, rightly so. He's now some kind of martyr for justice and equality, despite being a career criminal, a habitual scumbag who once held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly during a robbery. He was killed in a horrible way, but it doesn't make him a saint. The overwhelming majority of blacks killed are killed by other blacks, not by the police or imaginary mobs of roaming white supremacists. Blacks are also over represented in the police in the US. Are they a collectively racist force, or just the white ones?

One 'person of colour' was shot dead by the police in the UK in 2019, and that was the London Bridge cunt who had it coming.  And in solidarity they start wrecking the gaff about something that happened 4000 miles away?

As something of an aside, I've been hearing about the supposed real motives behind the BLM organisation. I can at least understand the concept of defunding and/ or dismantling the police,  even if it's something I disagree with, but what exactly does dismantling the nuclear family mean? I don't get the concept on any level. Can someone with a brain please explain this to me.

#424 June 25, 2020, 02:41:56 PM Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:44:05 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 25, 2020, 01:30:58 PM
Black people are over represented in pop music, sport etc, in fact most icons from those industries are black. Who is holding them down, oppressing them?

I wonder how far back into the past people have been making that argument? Jesse Owens was the world's most decorated athlete following the 1936 Olympics, is it impossible then that he was oppressed? Besides segregation still being in force, only the white Olympians were invited to the White House to be congratulated. The movie Green Book is all about how iconic success status and even explicit segregation can co-exist hand-in-hand; the early black stars of blues, jazz and rock'n'roll (where they were, for obvious reasons, also over-represented) knew all about this too. One of the triggers behind another excess of the anti-racism backlash, the whole cultural appropriation debate, derives from the perception that African-American culture is "respected" at a much higher rate than African-American well-being or democratic power. Had segregation not existed in the lifetimes of some of these people, and in the lifetimes of almost all of their parents or grandparents ("ancestors" is a not-so-subtle way of trying to add unwarranted distance), whereby none of its socio-economic remnants would exist today, then probably there'd be no problem with blackface, for example.

#425 June 25, 2020, 03:08:46 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:29:16 PM by mugz

#426 June 25, 2020, 03:19:51 PM Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:23:01 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
QuoteWe disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and "villages" that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Depending on what way you look at that, it's either a call towards something like Plato's Republic (also more or less what's depicted in Brave New World) or something like McKenna's archaic revival, as this pertains to the family and the community (in this vision, the major part of human conflict is traced back to masculine possessiveness over their offspring, something which is cancelled out in more promiscuous, "non-nuclear" communities; none of the men know which kids are theirs, so they cast their energy more diffusely into the protection of the community rather than just their own offspring).

Edit: I'm not saying BLM are advocating a full-on archaic revival and return to a supposed earlier orgiastic psychedelic lifestyle, but the idea of the basic unit of society being shifted to "community" rather than "family" nods in that direction. It was also the general mentality behind basically all the hippy communes of the 60s and 70s.

Ah right so.  Horseshite.  Just as I thought.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 25, 2020, 01:30:58 PM
Depends on how you define historical. I don't believe there are racist systems or underhanded policies in place to keep the black man down, at least not in the west. The American welfare system has led, at least to an extent, the 75% single parent family rate amongst blacks, and the statistics bear out that this leads to negative outcomes. Redlining, segregation, widespread racism, all that stuff is cold in the grave for 50 years. Black people are over represented in pop music, sport etc, in fact most icons from those industries are black. Who is holding them down, oppressing them?

I understand the Floyd killing was the spark for this conflagration, but the culprit is in jail, rightly so. He's now some kind of martyr for justice and equality, despite being a career criminal, a habitual scumbag who once held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly during a robbery. He was killed in a horrible way, but it doesn't make him a saint. The overwhelming majority of blacks killed are killed by other blacks, not by the police or imaginary mobs of roaming white supremacists. Blacks are also over represented in the police in the US. Are they a collectively racist force, or just the white ones?

One 'person of colour' was shot dead by the police in the UK in 2019, and that was the London Bridge cunt who had it coming.  And in solidarity they start wrecking the gaff about something that happened 4000 miles away?
I'd define historical as the kind of stuff you brought up back there for some reason. Personally, I don't believe racism was purged from Western societies when legislation finally prevented it being legal to discriminate openly. It is naive to think that. It's a lot better than it used to be but I've seen it and I've heard it, even from friends and work colleagues. I'd also say that, as a result, there is merit to the protests, especially if you're on the receiving end of it. Let's be honest, it exists still, even if not publicly, and it was not being addressed.

Yes, Floyd was a scumbag but he was an unarmed and restrained scumbag whose demise was captured on video for everyone to see. He's not the first black guy to be killed by a white cop, certainly not the first to be killed under questionable circumstances but, like Rodney King, it was all captured on video and it is impossible to obfuscate what happened. He's the focus of this wave by chance. However, it really doesn't take much digging to find lots of other incidents of a similar nature where the victim was not a criminal which did not end with a prosecution. To me, at least, we're experiencing outbursts based on a continual flow of incidents rather than this specific one, even if he is the poster boy.

When you say black people are over represented, do you mean as athletes and performers or as executives and owners? What's your opinion on Kaepernick not being able to find a job? Do you think a white player would have been frozen out in the same way?

Hey, let's not forget, the King of Rock 'N' Roll is a white guy despite black guys creating the genre ;)

#429 June 25, 2020, 03:29:02 PM Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:31:54 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 25, 2020, 03:21:27 PM

A lot of serious study over the last hundred or more years points towards the deterioration of community as a tangible entity as being heavily responsible for much of the discontent and accompanying mental health issues at the individual level in western society. The "protestant values" which place family ahead of community have taken over the west via capitalism (which is said to have grown out of these same "protestant values"). There are some classics of sociology that deal with this directly; Durkheim and Weber specifically on the "protestant values" thing.

#431 June 25, 2020, 03:29:33 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:29:34 PM by mugz

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 25, 2020, 01:42:00 PM
As something of an aside, I've been hearing about the supposed real motives behind the BLM organisation. I can at least understand the concept of defunding and/ or dismantling the police,  even if it's something I disagree with, but what exactly does dismantling the nuclear family mean? I don't get the concept on any level. Can someone with a brain please explain this to me.

The nuclear family is in itself seen as oppressive to a 'progressive' society, as it is the foundation for traditional values and the like.

The mere existence of happy, white, nuclear families is seen as an attack on the multicultural and LGBT mindset, so needs to be destroyed in their eyes.

Ultimately, finding a partner, having kids, and living a happy life based on a traditional mindset is seen by them as a form of white supremacy.

And once you make a group of people feel shame about even reproducing, the consequences are clear.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 25, 2020, 03:29:02 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 25, 2020, 03:21:27 PM

A lot of serious study over the last hundred or more years points towards the deterioration of community as a tangible entity as being heavily responsible for much of the discontent and accompanying mental health issues at the individual level in western society. The "protestant values" which place family ahead of community have taken over the west via capitalism (which is said to have grown out of these same "protestant values"). There are some classics of sociology that deal with this directly; Durkheim and Weber specifically on the "protestant values" thing.
Those protestants, up to no good as usual

Quote from: Bigmac on June 25, 2020, 03:35:13 PM
The nuclear family is in itself seen as oppressive to a 'progressive' society, as it is the foundation for traditional values and the like.

The mere existence of happy, white, nuclear families is seen as an attack on the multicultural and LGBT mindset, so needs to be destroyed in their eyes.

Ultimately, finding a partner, having kids, and living a happy life based on a traditional mindset is seen by them as a form of white supremacy.

And once you make a group of people feel shame about even reproducing, the consequences are clear.

Amazing. This could be almost word for word a 1950s McCarthyite take on what "communism" is about.