I think Tangled Web of Misery is the name of Mgla's next album actually  :abbath:

We've had people to help the individual along their way since the 50s. As far as I can see, none of the 'IDW' folk address the deeper societal questions, some because they actually think that the structure we have today is the best we've ever had/could ever imagine, if only every individual would just play its part. Their solution, Pinker's for example, from what I've gathered from him, would just be to lift everyone up, but up in purely economic terms, also known as consumer terms. Apart from any subjective moral disagreement with that goal, I personally don't think it's environmentally sustainable to go in that direction, yet I don't hear those guys stating loud and clear what I think anyone with true insight should be stating at this point in history; we need to drastically reduce consumption, re-engineer society, find fulfillment in something other than possession, and measure our progress by how many of the worst off we can lift to that place: let's get started!

#346 June 23, 2020, 07:09:28 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:33:17 PM by mugz

#348 June 23, 2020, 07:24:38 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:33:28 PM by mugz

You're boiling every facet of existence down to your position in the social pecking order, as if your bank account somehow equates directly with your level of happiness. That truly is a grim and meagre assessment of the multifaceted experience of living. To get such a mean level of pleasure or inspiration from the best things in life- music, books, food, sex,  relationships, work, responsibility, mental stimulation and growth- is the thing that I find appalling but I don't spend loads of time worrying about who has what or where I stand on the social ladder. I just get on with being. If what you are offering is the flipside of my philosophy,  then I think I'm on the right track.

#350 June 23, 2020, 07:33:32 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:33:36 PM by mugz

I'm in agreement with Pedro and McLove. Working in McD's or wherever might seem like a soul sucking job to some but if people are content (not docile) about it, credit to them. Not everybody should be the type to question all around them. Otherwise nothing would get done, or you end up like Mugz haha. Society would fall apart if we were all to question the status quo in philosophical terms. It's great for a debate or a thesis but it's miles away from important in reality. At least in Ireland, everybody has access to improve their lot, even within this supposedly cruel and unfair society.

#352 June 23, 2020, 07:55:57 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:33:49 PM by mugz

#354 June 23, 2020, 08:21:03 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:34:00 PM by mugz

Quote from: Juggz on June 23, 2020, 08:06:14 PM
No Tayto crisps.

So there is an upside to the elimination of humanity after all.

Reading back here and my view is similar to what Pedrito and McLove are saying as well. I have a severe problem with mistrusting everything I see outside of my own bubble, but that is ultimately unimportant as long as I can get on and have a level of joy in my own existence. I go to work, my kids go to school, me and my wife are in good health. My job isn't great, isn't shit either. It all boils down to how I perceive it. I have a small few proper good friends instead of a thousand acquaintances and none of us offend each other while constantly ripping the shit out of each other in the most offensive possible ways. I don't go in for any philosophy but my own at the end of the day. I read things and they influence me sometimes or set me off thinking sideways about things. I don't like the way everything is gone militant far beyond the point of common sense. The differences between us all are to be celebrated and perhaps we may even learn something from each other or just revel in the pointlessness of empty shite talk and there is beauty in that. We can look for the beauty in it all or we can look for what is bad in it all. I firmly believe in live and let live as a general rule and if someone is on a buzz I just can't get on with, I just don't bother with them because it gives me the bad vibes if I do bother. I really don't care about them at the end of the day. The people who are offended constantly by things must really be craving validation from those whom they are offended by and fuck sake get a life, get your own life and try to live to enjoy it.

This is the word of no one in particular. Thanks be to god etc

Everybody deserves to be treated equally. It doesn't matter if they are black, brown, yellow or normal.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on June 23, 2020, 09:36:32 PM
Everybody deserves to be treated equally. It doesn't matter if they are black, brown, yellow or normal.

:laugh:

Wait, what about the red lads..