Frankie Boyle is still the king of comedy for me, you've gotta wind people up or it's not even funny. That Jimmy Carr bit about "how pissing in the shower ruined his school trip to Auschwitz" though, that's heavy, but it seems it is the American comedians that get stronger backlash from the fukking PC brigade.

New Dave Chapelle's "Sticks and Stones" is brilliant. He just touched the Michael Jackson subject and the media is already roaring...

And that said, people will overlook paedophilia for Michael Jackson's music, that's how good the guy was.

I dunno, the main reason seems to be a wholly pragmatic one: they want to be able to recruit more women firefighters. Also, it's Fireman Sam, who gives a fuck :/

Fucking hate Fireman Sam in fairness. As I imagine does anyone who's been a parent in the last 15-20 years.

Fair enough :laugh: - I have kids and don't care much for him either

New version of Monopoly coming out where women earn more than men for passing go, guess they're trying to say that they either need help to win, or are just bad with money

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/and-finally/new-ms-monopoly-game-sees-women-get-more-money-for-passing-go-than-men-38487285.html

Quote from: Trev on September 11, 2019, 02:58:57 PM
New version of Monopoly coming out where women earn more than men for passing go, guess they're trying to say that they either need help to win, or are just bad with money

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/and-finally/new-ms-monopoly-game-sees-women-get-more-money-for-passing-go-than-men-38487285.html

That's a genius idea.  It will appeal to women and liberals while winding lads up and (like now) get a lot of free publicity  :laugh:

Yeah, to be fair they're great at repackaging the same game over and over and still selling a shitload. I've three different Monopolys in the house and no idea where they even came from!

I have never played Monopoly, and I'm in my mid-40s. Do I win?

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 11, 2019, 01:52:59 PM
Fucking hate Fireman Sam in fairness. As I imagine does anyone who's been a parent in the last 15-20 years.

That Norman Price is a right cunt.

So apparently the Brits awards are considering getting rid of the best male/female catorgery cause its offensive to non-binary people like Sam Smith. He wants to be referred to as 'they' instead of he.
Maybe I've finally become that old man who just doesn't understand the world anymore. Am I being a dinosaur by saying I think this is fucking ridiculous? He's got a willy and an y chromosome and hasn't had any tranny ops. He's a bloke who's probably gay (and there's nothing wrong with that )