Some cracking bands operating back then, in fairness. I'm assuming there are plenty of newer old school punk bands knocking about that I'm just not clued up on.

Yeah the few i know i mentioned earlier and some of the guys suggested some great stuff. Im old school myself, goes with the age i suppose 😀 I wouldnt be well up on modern street punk stuff but would definitely be open to recommendations though

Another shout for Strikniƫn D.C.

Ghettoblast is one of the best punk albums ever released. 20 absolute rock solid tracks. I remember getting it the year of my junior cert and being enthralled by it, it's still one of my favourite albums. Killer drumming throughout too.

Steeky, Stomach and Monkhouse and later Puget Sound were also cool punk bands.

I had a tape from an English crowd called Spithead, never managed to find anything online from them since though.

Yeah beano drumming on those stricknien albums is fantastic, great band all round. Spithead were a good band, saw them in Charlie's bar and picked up that 'swag' tape. A ska punk sound but not cheesy and the girl singer was great too.

Are you still in Spain Caoimhin? There's a great bar in Madrid called the wrong way, punk bar with great tunes

Sorry guys for going off topic

Still in Madrid alright (kid and a mortgage, no escape now!). The bird is away for a while in early Feb so I'll have a look at that place whilst I'm free, cheers :)

Quote from: Caomhaoin on January 18, 2020, 02:02:38 PM
Still in Madrid alright (kid and a mortgage, no escape now!). The bird is away for a while in early Feb so I'll have a look at that place whilst I'm free, cheers :)

:)

Latest album from the restarts is fantastic https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kWPHoEINv5G-tP6g278_TMAl7gDb6Ok8c . They are playing in Dublin on 25th of april in drop dead twice . Brilliant live band.

Running riot from the north were excellent too, worth checking out