That Anthema gig where they played all the old stuff was brilliant,appartently DC's idea.I always got that vibe too he wasnt into the old stuff anymore either.
Speaking of Anathema are they done as a band ?
That weather systems band looks to be just DC,theres some chatter about that on the Anathema fans page which I hope isnt true.

#61 September 09, 2023, 07:50:31 AM Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 07:56:10 AM by ochoill
Quote from: Blizzard Beast on September 09, 2023, 07:46:18 AMSpeaking of Anathema are they done as a band ?
That weather systems band looks to be just DC,theres some chatter about that on the Anathema fans page which I hope isnt true.
They are done yeah, I am also on that Anathema Fans page on FB so you have probably seen the same stuff about why.  Weather Systems (his band not the album) is also a proven scam, don't go near it.

They are done yeah, I am also on that Anathema Fans page on FB so you have probably seen the same stuff about why.  Weather Systems (his band not the album) is also a proven scam, don't go near it.
[/quote]

How is it q scam? curiosity here! I got off the "Anathema" train at the "Judgement" stop.

Vinny I think, was a bit in love with himself. On an artist journey (very of the time), or maybe just trend hopping with the Metallica / Paradise Lost we are not metal anymore "hard rock / alternative" identification of the time.... again very of the time!

In the age of Nevermore and Death...... go alternative..... yeah go wan!

Wait I think my knuckles dragged on the ground there for a second..... I'll smash a beer off my head! whooooo haaaaa

Quote from: KingHostile on September 09, 2023, 11:05:31 AMHow is it q scam? curiosity here! I got off the "Anathema" train at the "Judgement" stop.
There's loads to it and it is worth looking up if you're inclined but long story short - he has taken shit tons in donations to fund an album and has released nothing beyond a few Anathema tunes played solo on acoustic recorded into his phone.  There's way way more to it but it is all fiddly odds and ends that made people figure out he was planning nothing and releasing nothing.

It's run by some random Slovakian lad Daniel Ziak.

As has been mentioned there was threats of an album materialising in the beginning but that's all stopped, he's also now disabled the option for people to comment on any of the posts on random covers they put up as they're still actively collecting money via the go fund me.

That's also the second go fund me from Anathema.I think Anathema the band asked for help the first time during covid then this weather systems go fund me was setup.
I'd have much preferred he use the money towards getting the mental health he needed than using the money for a side project band..

Wow!!!!! astounding!

Thats quiet a story..... unbelievable!

Duncan is gearing up to release a re-recording of the songs he wrote on Alternative 4, which is fairly pointless I think but I happened to see a lot of comments about Danny Cavanagh in the post, Duncan mentioned controversy too - didn't exactly quell the rumours, that there's a more sinister reason behind the band abruptly quitting.

I can safely say I'm done with them but no questions about the quality of their discography up to and including Judgement.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I think their last decent album was A Natural Disaster but I haven't liked anything since then.

Obviously Judgement is the winner as well.

Yer man sounds like a right handicap as well