Quote from: The Wretch on July 28, 2024, 04:58:23 AMCantrell had his own issues with that too didn't he? Although I assumed he was mostly clean by that stage, but still, it had to have some effect. 

Coke was a big thing with Cantrell. Apparently he'd turn up to Dimebags Christmas party with enough to cause a blizzard in Texas most years.

Kinney was a boozer for the most part.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 28, 2024, 01:46:33 AMNo Layne, No Chain!  :P

This is it. I take Black Gives Way effectively as a Cantrell solo jobby, except with an extra bloke who can sing better than him and facilitates some decent harmonising, but AiC it ain't.

I like his vocals but they always worked nicely in conjunction with Layne's.

Quote from: Ducky on July 28, 2024, 08:46:07 AM

This is it. I take Black Gives Way effectively as a Cantrell solo jobby, except with an extra bloke who can sing better than him and facilitates some decent harmonising, but AiC it ain't.

Some bands just need the drugs!

Quotethe dullness of Mad Season

We don't. That's an amazing record. Just needs to find it's moment, late night listening.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on July 28, 2024, 09:14:59 AM
Quote from: Ducky on July 28, 2024, 08:46:07 AM

Some bands just need the drugs!

Drugs are good, m'kay!

I like the Mad Season one as well, but you'd need to be in the mood for it alright.

Yeah Mad Season need a time and place, and it's usually being a mopey bollocks late at night.

At the same time, I Don't Know Anything is a better AiC tune than a whole bunch of actual AiC tunes.

I've tried multiple times to get into the Mad Season album since it came out and it's never clicked.

I hear you, sat on the shelf for ages and dug it out one night and it's become a firm favourite.

#25 July 29, 2024, 03:58:57 PM Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 04:06:38 PM by Jward
Mad Season is worth spending some time with

Quite a relaxed album with solid song-writing

Can never get bored with Layne's voice, & McCready's playing sounds great (both rhythmically & lead-wise)

EDIT: I think the album could benefit from being sped up slightly
But then again, the slowness does add to the morosity  :)