Just announced a new album and tour. Heard the last gig was savage so might hit this one up.

They released a new song recently. It's grand, no surprises. The lyrics are fairly shite though.

Couldn't care less about that new song but glad the gig was posted here. Never seen them before, this'll be a treat and reckon it'll probably sell out quickly.

Quote from: Wilbur Whateley on June 07, 2024, 09:32:44 AMThey released a new song recently. It's grand, no surprises. The lyrics are fairly shite though.

Never listened to them before. That song is cool. Where's a good place to start with them?

Ah I'd take it from the top dude go in sequence.

Head is the first album.

I had a quick blast of the first song on head and it sounds like very early Therapy? I'll have to investigate.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 07, 2024, 11:53:59 AMI had a quick blast of the first song on head and it sounds like very early Therapy? I'll have to investigate.

You should give Goat a listen. It's their best followed closely by Liar. The band sound ferocious, with Yow ranting over them like a deranged preacher. It's a perfect album.

I love the jesus lizard, yow is a personal hero, love their sound, way the bass and guitar play off each other as opposed to over each other. Praying they play "Puss" live
Play the Academy July 13th

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 07, 2024, 12:35:54 PMI'll get on both of those. Cheers.
Goat and Liar are the way to go for sure. Brilliant band, killer live.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 07, 2024, 11:53:59 AMI had a quick blast of the first song on head and it sounds like very early Therapy? I'll have to investigate.

They were an influence on Therapy?if I remember correctly. And I think they may have toured together too.

Quote from: StrangersWithGuns on June 08, 2024, 04:10:59 PMPraying they play "Puss" live

That's a safe bet.

Greatest rock n roll band on earth. Excited for the new record. Yow is my Elvis.

He's brilliant, him and Gibby Haynes be my bucket list two to see
Play the Academy July 13th

#13 June 11, 2024, 04:43:49 PM Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 04:49:22 PM by OpenSores
Amazing news and huge fan, I've not seen em' since the early to mid 90's so I'm beyond excited.

I'm in there somewhere, can't believe it was '94:

https://youtu.be/XPlUP0Pi_xA?si=kJ47kNuRGqMVxObc

Second date added on the 16th in case any of you missed out on tickets