Hey..just wondering if anyone on here has one of the Mexican made Charvels ? Would you recommend them ? Any pros or cons ?

I don't, but I used to have one of the Japanese So-Cals which was a lovely guitar, with a truly great feeling neck, apart from the fact that you had to take the strings off and remove the neck to adjust the truss rod, which was a fucking joke on a Floyd-equipped guitar. The Mexican ones have put a truss-rod wheel in so, if they are anywhere close to the quality of the Japanese builds, should be a really nice instrument. The basic design is superb and they've addressed the glaring weakness, so they should be very nice.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on April 27, 2024, 06:19:21 PMI don't, but I used to have one of the Japanese So-Cals which was a lovely guitar, with a truly great feeling neck, apart from the fact that you had to take the strings off and remove the neck to adjust the truss rod, which was a fucking joke on a Floyd-equipped guitar. The Mexican ones have put a truss-rod wheel in so, if they are anywhere close to the quality of the Japanese builds, should be a really nice instrument. The basic design is superb and they've addressed the glaring weakness, so they should be very nice.
Cheers man. Have my eye on a so cal hardtail. Never been into trems. They seem to get pretty great reviews more often than not.

The design is fantastic and, now that they've been sensible with the truss rod, there's no reason for it to be lacking. The Mexican Fender stuff seems to be of a more consistent quality than the US stuff so I'd be disappointed if it wasn't really good. The neck shape was lovely, not RG thin but thinner than your average strat and really comfortable. All the necks are carved by a CNC machine so it should be bang on. I think they still have Grovers, SDs or DiMarzios, etc, quality parts, no reason for it not to be good.