Quote from: Jward on March 26, 2024, 09:37:00 AMPS I got some laugh when the buddy's whole body hopped when they suddenly came in proper loud. Ha Ha! It was his first time seeing them, and he was saying he knew they would come in loud, but fuck me, they came in with a bang.
It was a thing of beauty

Ha yes!Same happened to me when they hit that first chord

Enjoyed last night. First time seeing them without Attila. If I am honest I prefer them with some kind of vocalist then without as it does add to the show especially that thing Attila use to do in recent years when he would come out with the laser costume towards the end. Imagine how that would have looked in that venue last night.

First time in the NCH and it is an impressive venue. I probably won't ever be in there again unless it is for something like this. I thought the lights and smoke show was very good except for when one of the lights would shine directly into your eyes then stay in that position for the next few minutes.

It is mad to think that first time I saw them was 06 in Crawdaddy which didn't sell out and now last night they sold out a venue 4 times the size of that a few months before hand. As for the crowd Sunn O))) have always attracted that hipster type element who are curious / want to tell people they saw them live. You are guaranteed 30% of the crowd from last night won't be there next time they play and they will be replaced by a whole new group of people who want to see what all the fuss is about.

That gig in Crawdaddy was a treat. Justin Broadrick doing Final as support if I recall correctly.

Quote from: Alfredo on March 21, 2024, 10:12:25 PM
Quote from: Jward on March 21, 2024, 04:47:59 PMWhere's good to park for this?

Quinn's lane is free after 7 and usually has a few spots

Took your advice, and parked there

Very handy

Thank you sir

Last night was my first time to see them. Class gig. I nearly jumped out of my seat when that first chord was struck!!! I'm glad I had ear plugs but my ears were still ringing on the way home.
The NCH is a great venue, my first time there. Actual pint glasses and drinks that weren't at an extortionate price. Lots of handy parking around the venue too.

That was a real treat. I actually started laughing when they kicked in, from the sheer power of the sound. It sounded amazing, really detailed along with the volume so it wasn't just a big mushy mess.

Kind of felt intimidating, sorting of like you were watching infinity unfold, everything good and evil all at once. Wasn't really expecting that impact!

Only gripe is how tight the running of the whole thing was. Normally that's a great thing but everything felt pretty rushed to me. Formal concert setting so there was really no time to have a chat with any of the (many many) friends and heads I bumped into there, nor was there any time to really enjoy a drink because you couldn't bring it into the venue, after you'd made it through the queues (did not even bother looking at merch). Big queue for the jacks in a venue that size, why like? But anyway, that's a minor complaint from the evening, was great overall and the staff were fantastic.

Quote from: Malco on March 27, 2024, 11:12:53 AM

Class!

That video was taken from where I was nearly seated
Did they go full volume in the soundcheck?

Some shots: