More good gig news!

Wednesday in Belfast might be tricky though. Any Dublin dates planned I wonder?

Quote from: yknaa on August 11, 2023, 04:43:18 PMMore good gig news!

Wednesday in Belfast might be tricky though. Any Dublin dates planned I wonder?

Haven't seen anything for Dublin. Then again, his website only lists the USA dates & three dates in England, no mention of Belfast even, so who knows?!

Yes, Belfast is a bit of trek from where I am. I saw him once, 93 I think in the Marquee, was working over in London at the time. All I remember was that he kept introducing his new wife and bringing her on stage :-)

Unleash the focking fury.

That's all I think of when I hear his name.

That was fantastic - heavy metal, shred, pantomime, Spinal Tap, a rain of plectrums, classical, blues, acoustic, 25 JCM-800s on stage, ridiculous use of fog machine, kicks, twirls and guitar acrobatics, side men and roadies berated, diva antics, ridiculously overpriced merch, one of the worst support bands i've ever seen... it had it all, except donuts!

Up the front amongst the fog, blur of notes, wall of amps and swashbuckling 80s rocker turned Paganini, you really could feel like your were back in his mid 80s heyday - the dream was sold.

Really glad I went - not sure i'll ever see a gig like that again, one minute I'm banging my head and fixated on the intensity/speed, next minute i'm laughing my balls off at the ridiculousness and pomp of it all. There truly only is one Yngwie Malmsteen!