Find it hard to believe Graveyard are over Pallbearer on this bill. Will still like to go, but I'm guessing it'll be all new gear from Pallbearer and a short set. Baroness will be cool.

Of the 3 bands - Pallbearer are who I would be most interested in seeing. All 4 albums are great (first two are phenomenal) but I've never caught them live.

I've seen Graveyard two or three times at festivals in Germany around the time of "Lights Out" - they're grand and that was a good album but they are a bit one dimensional.

Lost interest in Baroness post the "Blue" record which is a monster and I still listen to it regularly - but the one after it, "Yellow", didn't grab me at all. Are any of the records after that worth investigating?

Purple is probably only second to Blue as far as Baroness go imo, just a fantastic modern hard rock album with bits of Lizzy and Floyd worship all over it.

They'd be the main draw of this for me, big fan of Pallbearers first two as well, will try and give the recent stuff a go to see if it finally clicks.

Quote from: open face surgery on May 13, 2024, 01:09:03 PMCool line up. Graveyard are def the much bigger band.

Going by the Spotify listens, by an absolute whopper margin too. Never liked Hisingen Blues at the time, maybe worthy of a revisit.

Haven't heard the latest Baroness album so no idea what that is like. Giving Grey and Gold a listen and I'm thinking it's good but..  Some many layered vocals and effects. It's as if everything has been put through a enormous line of pedals. Even the drums and cymbals to the point where the cymbal becomes a sort of weird hissing noise that floats around. There is a good album in there somewhere and it almost makes it but the production never really comes together and it all sounds very overbearing and loud. Basically it needs a more natural sound with a few less of the annoying flying saucer effects. Have seen them live though and thought they were great. 

Not gone on that production at all either, think it muddies it up a fair bit. On the other hand, this is a more natural presentation and I think it's fairly rockin. Borderlines in particular vs the album cut is class here IMO.