Was just taking a closer look at the album cover for Sigh's "Heir To Despair", and longer I looked the more I saw. The stuff in the background was very subtle and I missed it first time around.
Are there any other examples of cover art that have hidden or subtle aspects to them?Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 11.07.01.png

She's got a serious wanking arm on her, too.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The big dog (and most obvious) has to be Somewhere In Time, surely?

I thought the mugshots on the wall along with the paper airplane on the floor meant that she had a part to play in the twin towers attacks... for the day that's in it like....

Quote from: jobrok1 on September 11, 2023, 11:26:46 AMShe's got a serious wanking arm on her, too.
Can't stop looking at that arm now

Quote from: jobrok1 on September 11, 2023, 11:26:46 AMShe's got a serious wanking arm on her, too.
fuckin lol, one post in and the thread is ruined :laugh:

I have a couple. Nine Inch Nails - Not The Actual Events first. There's a lot in it so here's a link that describes some of it although nobody has exactly figured out if there's anything to it or not as of yet. I found it fascinating anyway. The music seems to back up the same idea,  whatever it is.

https://www.nin.wiki/Not_The_Actual_Events

And if you found that exciting, there's one for Add Violence as well, which is similar but different and seems sort of connected to it in some way. Again there's common musical themes between the eps as well.

https://www.nin.wiki/Add_Violence

Reznor had this to say about it,
which to me says he's likely just fucking with people for a lot of it.

QuoteWhat the obsessives maybe don't know is that if I were to explain everything to you, or just explicitly lay out what the new EP is about, you'd only be disappointed. You don't really want to know. The experience of grappling with the thing is what makes it interesting, not the immediate gratification of going, "Oh, that's what it means".

There's a third ep too, Bad Witch, but I have to go back to work and I'm sure there's enough there to keep you all excited with.

Well that and yer wan with the strong wanking arm on her  :laugh:

Quote from: astfgyl on September 11, 2023, 02:24:13 PMI have a couple. Nine Inch Nails - Not The Actual Events first. There's a lot in it so here's a link that describes some of it although nobody has exactly figured out if there's anything to it or not as of yet. I found it fascinating anyway. The music seems to back up the same idea,  whatever it is.

https://www.nin.wiki/Not_The_Actual_Events

And if you found that exciting, there's one for Add Violence as well, which is similar but different and seems sort of connected to it in some way. Again there's common musical themes between the eps as well.

https://www.nin.wiki/Add_Violence

Reznor had this to say about it,
which to me says he's likely just fucking with people for a lot of it.

QuoteWhat the obsessives maybe don't know is that if I were to explain everything to you, or just explicitly lay out what the new EP is about, you'd only be disappointed. You don't really want to know. The experience of grappling with the thing is what makes it interesting, not the immediate gratification of going, "Oh, that's what it means".

There's a third ep too, Bad Witch, but I have to go back to work and I'm sure there's enough there to keep you all excited with.

Well that and yer wan with the strong wanking arm on her  :laugh:

That warning sticker is mad

#10 September 12, 2023, 02:10:54 PM Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 02:19:19 PM by Snare

:laugh:  :laugh:

Scores just coming in now..
Higher Art Form 0
Knuckeldraggers 1

Quote from: Ollie on September 12, 2023, 01:38:03 PMThat warning sticker is mad

The whole thing was very cool when it came out. When you opened it, black charcoal dust or something came out of it and got on your hands when you handled the cards in it. I bought it and it looks full of all odd clues to things and whatnot. There's a theme along with the whole 3eps that ties them together that's well worth looking into.

The master of all those ideas though was the year zero promo thing they did that bled into real life. Pity that album isn't great though but the whole concept thing was great