Almost obligatory for me to throw this up at this stage.

Headlined by Tool tribute The Grudge this year, which should be a bit of craic.

Not anticipating many to travel to this but there was a bus from Limerick last year iirc (do I @ochoill?). Hard town to get in and out of with not much accommodation either. Usually a good crowd at it all the same.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php/?fbid=1004406613958018

There's the poster, which I couldn't figure out how to display on here

#1 July 02, 2023, 11:10:28 PM Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 11:13:30 PM by ochoill
Quote from: astfgyl on July 02, 2023, 01:25:24 PMNot anticipating many to travel to this but there was a bus from Limerick last year iirc (do I @ochoill?).
You do not recall correctly lol, there happened to just be a load of Limerick heads who organised their own way there or were in bands going up and back with spare seats so they brought lads on the lash etc.

I'm surprised you recall anything.  For the forum here I have to explain that I introduced Astfgyl to someone I know but he was peaking on a rake of mushies and I got the vibe wrong so he basically asked the lad "what?" for 30 seconds then ran away from the situation so badly that he fell out the door of the smoking area and sprained his arm.  But continued to drink until closing time.  This was at about 3 in the afternoon.

Quote from: ochoill on July 02, 2023, 11:10:28 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 02, 2023, 01:25:24 PMNot anticipating many to travel to this but there was a bus from Limerick last year iirc (do I @ochoill?).
You do not recall correctly lol, there happened to just be a load of Limerick heads who organised their own way there or were in bands going up and back with spare seats so they brought lads on the lash etc.

I'm surprised you recall anything.  For the forum here I have to explain that I introduced Astfgyl to someone I know but he was peaking on a rake of mushies and I got the vibe wrong so he basically asked the lad "what?" for 30 seconds then ran away from the situation so badly that he fell out the door of the smoking area and sprained his arm.  But continued to drink until closing time.  This was at about 3 in the afternoon.

Yeah I had a feeling I might've been wrong there. Ah well. Was in a sling for two weeks after that one. Going to stay on the dry for it this year

Bump. Anyone heading to this? No public transport and maybe sleep under a bush if you're lucky but there is a Tool tribute..

I was meant to alright but the plan came apart altogether on me and I can't now.  Oh well.

Wacken live stream for you so, with cans

Quote from: astfgyl on August 03, 2023, 12:37:13 PMWacken live stream for you so, with cans
More like wack live stream of piss, no thanks, I'll drink cans and watch decent live sets instead

I'll be heading to this. Should be a bit of craic.

Quote from: blessed1 on August 03, 2023, 02:43:30 PMI'll be heading to this. Should be a bit of craic.

Where you heading from? The travel situation to and from is a bastard. Hopefully I'll bump into you for a pint but fucked if I'm going round asking everyone if they're on here lol

Heading from galway. Driving down and have a room book just beside the place ao handy enough.

Done well to get somewhere to kip because there's fuck all in that town.