Quote from: ldj on June 02, 2023, 10:37:57 AMWhere I was I could hear the vocals clearly but the guitar was fairly muddy, I know he probably has bass cranked on the eq to make up for the obvious but it was hard to make out the melodic parts through the chugging, still enjoyed it though. I bought a t-shirt from the drummer while the openers were on.

I had a similar experience, sound was decent enough where I was standing. Only real complaint was the length of the set - felt like they could have played another couple tunes, whole thing was done by 10.

The Limelight posted times for tonight -

Doors 6.15
Imperial Demonic 6.30
Abduction 7.15
Bolzer 8.15

Quote from: G-Force on June 02, 2023, 02:01:36 PMThe Limelight posted times for tonight -

Doors 6.15
Imperial Demonic 6.30
Abduction 7.15
Bolzer 8.15

Cheers

And yes I also thought the set last night felt very short

Really enjoyed it, agreed about the set but heard it was a venue curfew. Still satisfied, was up front so just got the amps and drums behind the PA which sounded good to me.

Quote from: Fakehuman on June 02, 2023, 05:43:53 AMBolzer was unreal as always, what a gig! If anyone knows the name of the chant music before Bolzer set, please drop me a line here. I want more of that  :D

I'm pretty sure it was Phurpa.

This was a great show anyway. Mid-week gigs are pretty much off the cards for me these days but I'll make the odd exception. Glad I made this one!

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on June 02, 2023, 08:21:17 PMagreed about the set but heard it was a venue curfew.

They have been playing the same setlist every night on this current run of dates so I don't think it was the curfew.

Seems like headline sets have gotten shorter over the past few years, Eternal Champion last year only played 45 minutes, think Mgla played about 50 minutes too, when bands did this in the past it used to be at least part of a package tour with 2-3 notable bands but if it's only really the headline band people are going to see I don't think a 70 min set at least is too much to ask.

I thought the Godflesh gig last year was fairly short TBH. Considering they've been around for 35 odd years and hadn't played here for a while, I'd hoped for more. Wasn't disappointed, just to be clear, just thought another song or 2 would have been welcome.

I enjoyed the limelight show. The first band bored the arse off me. Abduction were great, good sound and some interesting riffs.

Bolzer were ferocious as always, once they got going. First time seeing them since Lese Majesty came out so I was disappointed that they didn't play one of the proper tracks from it. Surely they're due another release soon.

I've seen them a few times now, is Okoi always such a stickler for sound and monitors etc? He gave the sweet chin music to the China cymbal at one point  :laugh:

If by sweet chin music you mean get pissy, then yes. I nearly think it's part of his shtick.

By sweet chin music I mean he laid his boot into the drummers cymbals because the China kept falling over. Cue the sound guy (who looked to have gotten a bollocking after the first song) running onstage to fix them.  Every time I've seen them he seems to be visibly dissatisfied with something.

Ya, that's the sorta thing I had in mind.

Quote from: mishima on June 03, 2023, 03:23:04 PM
Quote from: Fakehuman on June 02, 2023, 05:43:53 AMBolzer was unreal as always, what a gig! If anyone knows the name of the chant music before Bolzer set, please drop me a line here. I want more of that  :D

I'm pretty sure it was Phurpa.

Thanks for that brother !

Quote from: Carnage on June 04, 2023, 01:38:39 AMI thought the Godflesh gig last year was fairly short TBH. Considering they've been around for 35 odd years and hadn't played here for a while, I'd hoped for more. Wasn't disappointed, just to be clear, just thought another song or 2 would have been welcome.

It's recession. You're getting less for the same price  ;)

Quote from: Carnage on June 04, 2023, 01:38:39 AMI thought the Godflesh gig last year was fairly short TBH. Considering they've been around for 35 odd years and hadn't played here for a while, I'd hoped for more. Wasn't disappointed, just to be clear, just thought another song or 2 would have been welcome.

Yeah I agree.