Heading to Bucharest for a tattoo convention in October. Anyone been there before? Any record stores or advice on a day trip to Transylvania appreciated.

Take the bus down to Trgoviste (I may be spelling that wrong). It's nothing special but it's where Ceaceascu had the kangaroo court and was shot. The 'courtroom' is exactly as it was in 1989 and you can go outside and see where he and the wife were killed. Bullet holes in the wall. Perfectly preserved bit of history.

Lots of drunks on the street, it's gas.

Drink Palinca :)

Brasov is a good bet for Transylvania.

Dimitrie Gusti national village in Bucharest.

Cheers KeV. I'll have a look at Brasov.

There's a couple of music shops that sell guitars and drums but also metal cds,not sure if they are still open but can find out as my missus is from there.
Would highly recommend Caru cu Bere for food,one of the best restaurants I've eaten in and not expensive.
My wife's friend is a tour guide over there and we did a trip around some of Transylvania,Brasov,Sighisoara and Sibiu which were worth visiting.

Quote from: Blizzard Beast on August 05, 2023, 10:05:19 PMThere's a couple of music shops that sell guitars and drums but also metal cds,not sure if they are still open but can find out as my missus is from there.
Would highly recommend Caru cu Bere for food,one of the best restaurants I've eaten in and not expensive.
My wife's friend is a tour guide over there and we did a trip around some of Transylvania,Brasov,Sighisoara and Sibiu which were worth visiting.

Thanks lad! What company does your wife's friend work for?

#6 August 06, 2023, 10:35:43 AM Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 11:17:50 AM by Blizzard Beast
For cd's -Musika Magazin, Strada ion campineanu 21,Bucharest 010023 (Near a concert hall,Sala palatului).
Niche Records
Rock shop.
Red Goblin,Strada Știrbei Vodă 4,  if you like forbidden planet type of stuff is nearish to the music shop.

Pubs for gigs
Fabrica
Quantic

Her friend doesnt do the tours anymore sorry.

Great stuff. Thanks again!

I was in Bucharest a few years ago and did the Parliament tour, the building is just colossal. You only get to see 6% of the building as most of it is still used for government offices, but it's a great insight on Ceausescu's megalomania.

Old Grave Fest is taking place in Bucharest on 13th -15th October.

Thanks lad. Unfortunately I don't arrive until the 18th