As much as I'd love a pair of those, I know at least one would fall out and go down a drain or something.

Quote from: Carnage on January 21, 2021, 10:58:26 PM
As much as I'd love a pair of those, I know at least one would fall out and go down a drain or something.
Ah no man, they're Sony. Put them in, twist into place and all systems go! They really do tick all the boxes.

I have wonky ears, in-ear ones are always falling out. Grand when I have a beanie on but since I got the headphones I think I've used my in-ear ones once.

Got the bird a set of Sony Wh something or other for the birthday the other day. I've already used them more than her, amazing difference after a lifetime of buds.

Spending good drinking money will get you nowhere fast Caomhaoin lad....

Ordered myself a pair of Beyerdynamics on Black Friday (paint the devil on the wall!) that arrived this morning. Sounding sweet as a frickin' nut. DT990 Pros, came to me recommended by a few home studio heads, and a couple of hours in, loving the sound, and especially the space of them. So, if anyone's looking for summit' at the moment, you can order direct from them too, no middle man.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 02, 2021, 11:05:55 AM
Ordered myself a pair of Beyerdynamics on Black Friday (paint the devil on the wall!) that arrived this morning. Sounding sweet as a frickin' nut. DT990 Pros, came to me recommended by a few home studio heads, and a couple of hours in, loving the sound, and especially the space of them. So, if anyone's looking for summit' at the moment, you can order direct from them too, no middle man.

What kinda money we talking about for them boss?

The Sennheiser they're replacing were 100 quite a few years back, but there's far more than 30 quid in the difference listening experience wise.

Still have my ATH-M50X from 6 years ago, only now is the fabric starting to tear off them. Got them for 90 sterling on amazon uk. Love them - Seem very comparable to the DT990 Pros BSC is mentioning and the same price range, just depends on your preference for closed back / open back headphones.

I've always preferred open back personally, plus since I use them mostly at night (mostly), I unfortunately have a moral obligation not to be completely isolated from potential night terror screams (from the wee lad, not the missus!).

Been meaning to pick up a pair of the ATH-M50x for years. Is there more isolation from open back?

The ATH-M50x are closed-back while the DT990 pros are open, just looking at both specs now, the DT990 pros definitely edge it with the sound. More sound leakage and less noise isolation with the open back design with a wider, brighter sound while the ATH-M50x are darker sounding.

That was what struck me the most when I first put on the DT990s; the roominess and air to the sound of them. Personally, a colour I love.