There'll be no referendum. Just look at the way Spain deals with Catalonia. That'll be the blueprint from now on. I wonder if we'll ever see a Scottish ETA/IRA spring up if they don't get independence. Highly doubt it.

Speaking of which, I half asleep started a documentary series on Amazon about ETA last night; El Desafio.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 05, 2021, 04:11:43 PM
There'll be no referendum. Just look at the way Spain deals with Catalonia. That'll be the blueprint from now on. I wonder if we'll ever see a Scottish ETA/IRA spring up if they don't get independence. Highly doubt it.
Provisional IRN Bru.....

You just have to look at Catalonia as an example.of a region that 10 years ago wanted nothing to do with being independent but in recent times the movement has gained massive traction. Is Scotland the same? I'm no expert though I'd take a wild swing that it is. If you'd asked Brits 10 years ago that Brexit would have happened  they'd have laughed at you. So Scotland had a great shot at the title and like the Mayo football team they came up short and you'd wonder if another few years pass by will it all tail off.

I'm sure there are various factors involved, from the education system to economy, employment etc. If things suddenly get prosperous then there'd be no desire to rock the boat. So now is Scotland's time but Boris is nowhere near as naive as probably Britain's worst ever PM David Cameron who literally came close to destroying their country in 2 votes.

I'm neither here nor there on it..interested spectator.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/14/catalan-independence-what-is-the-story-what-happens-next

That's  the EU way alright. Keep trying until the peasants give in to what you want. The only reason the EU has any interest in  Scotland  is to keep fucking with Britain. They're behaving like jilted ex's at this stage.