Bruce jetting into Dublin to natter about his life and do a Q&A in the Stadium. Tickets a snip at €35!

Bit pricey for me

#1 May 30, 2019, 12:31:22 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:00:32 PM by stevie-0

When I saw this pop up I nearly died of an erection thinking he was touring his solo albums but no it's just him talking shite about flying airplanes. What a fucking waste.

Shame this Bruce Dickinson event is on that particular day and month, that's a busy time of year.

The state of this. It's just going to be a bunch of lads with their hands down their jocks while some bag of dust shites on about aeroplanes. I'm half tempted to turn up with a tray of eggs and ruin it for all of the dopes who paid for a ticket.

Good lad nicer, Bruce might write another crap song about it.

And put it on a new album full of crap songs he will no doubt come back and shove down everyone's throat

He'll probably get a slot on the Late Late with all the other folk pushing books at that time of year anyway! Get onto Ryan for a free ticket instead  :)

Haven't seen much talk of this online, how was it?

#9 December 14, 2019, 09:44:50 AM Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 10:08:41 AM by heyjoe
Quote from: Mithrandir on December 14, 2019, 09:06:59 AM
Haven't seen much talk of this online, how was it?

Really good fun. Very glad I went. He spoke for an hour and forty, break for 20 and then answered a lot of audience questions. He finished with Revelations acapella.

The talk was largely full of music related stories with a theme I suppose of things in your childhood inspire you in life. Started with being born to circus act parents, raised by granddad and RAF uncle and then off to private school. Lots of stories about how he started singing through to Samson and Maiden. He does a great impression of Nicko. Add in a bit about bad style choices, a few adventures, fencing, cancer, playing Sarajevo, Ed Force One and more.

I enjoyed him most when he was answering questions, more off the cuff and funny. No they never burned an Irish flag. He answered Fuck Off to questions about The Trooper and the Union Jack because it's about the Charge of the Light Brigade and nothing to do with Ireland. Told some funny stories about the Queen, Martin McGuinness and hookers in Hamburg.

A good crowd. Guess it was 80% full or more.

I'm raging. I was walking along the South Circular Road with a few trays of eggs and a big off fuck off tricolour on my back when a garda car pulled over and asked me did I know anything about a gaff about 250 yards up the road that was allegedly pelted out of it with eggs earlier that evening. I politely told one of the Gardas to kiss me hole and that I had rights etc. and that I was now going to be going on my way.

Unluckily for me these Gardas were tyrants and one thing led to another and I got nicked for a public order offence.

Fuck you Bruce, I'll get you next time.